Author: SherrySongSHSF

As 'kidphobia' becomes prevalent, some say it's a byproduct of one-child [Copy link] 中文

2018 Most Popular Member

Post time 2017-5-30 17:01:02 |Display all floors
The mother went on tv to slam the girl for kicking her child, yet she never apologized for assaulting the restaurant worker for doing his job, which was to calm her down, and take the incident outside the restaurant..
if you want something in life get off your backside, and do it yourself!! don't rely on others to do it for you

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-5-31 09:17:30 |Display all floors
'nice' reason for this .. It's about parents's education and habit .. one-child is easy to handle ..

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-6-2 10:49:34 |Display all floors
It saddens me to think about what happened.  
I remember several Proverbs:
"Train up a child on the way he should go and when he is old, he will not depart from it," and
"Do not withhold discipline from a child; if you punish them with the rod, he will not die."

I guess it also goes on how parents should discipline their children.  Not just give what the kids want or let them hit them or etc.  Many times have I seen several parents who would let their young ones embarrass them, misbehave in public, and do nothing.   Once the kids know that it is wrong, chances are they will not do it.  

An example of this was when a friend of mine has a kid who had the habit of slapping or yelling unnecessarily or throwing food when it was eating time, the father or the mother had to whack the butt of a 2-year old child.  Not strong, of course.  It is just to show that what he was doing is not right.  The parents are some of the most loving couples I have ever encountered.
People may say that he was too young to be punished, but come to think of it, if it will not start young, when will discipline begin?  
After effects?  He no longer slap, yell (unless he has a playmate and gets excited), or throw food.  He's now continuing to learn how to behave himself.
The best response to a fool is silence....

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.