Author: ceciliazhang

Chinese student slammed for biased commencement speech   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2017-5-24 05:04:20 |Display all floors
hi111 Post time: 2017-5-23 22:37
All speech is biased, sweetheart. But yeah, I agree some parts of her speech about wearing face ma ...

b.jpg
a.jpg

These are pictures of Kunming, Yang's hometown. She said she had to wear airmask everyday there. And then she told about her freedom experience about China.  How could anyone be convinced what she was talking about.
I've been living in the US for 4 yrs and I have been living in China for over 10 yrs, and I am not a Chinese national. When I saw her speech video, I just say " wot the heck she's talking about? " Her speech is so far from facts. Well, I dont think someone should  be telling such lies eventhough she's desperate for a green card or a job.
Over here in China, you can always talk about China government or politics on the ground that you need to have facts, otherwise you will be punished for spreading rumors. Thats fair enough, no societies would welcome rumors. If you can read Chinese, you can see lots critics on govt and policy etc .on any Chinese forums. The rule is you must not spread any rumors based on no facts.
So her exaggeration on the lack of freedom of speech in China is totally crap.
We even had a fun song years ago blasted in many discos , the lyric is " If no communist party in China, there be no sexual life", that was a fun song rewritten from a formal song where the lyric is "If no communist party in China, there be no new China"
So as a person who has experience both living in 2 countries, I dont feel my freedom is deprived here in China. And ironically, I am enjoying even more freedom in China. I enjoy the real freedom of having nite life fearing no crime and terrorist attacks. I enjoy the freedom of having any desired food or delivered food orders almost 24 hrs a day. Too many to mention. Wot else of freedom do I need as long as I dont spread rumors?
These are the reasons Yang got bitched, she deserves the bitching, just take a look at the above pictures.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-5-24 07:36:42 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Ted180 at 2017-5-23 18:37

Bear in mind that China is just beginning to recover its pride after 200 years of abuse by various foreigners (British and Japanese mainly). So this woman should not speak so badly of China. Of course there is pollution because China needs to build its industry and infrastructure fast. They'll clean it up later when the per capita income is higher.
What's on your mind...

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2017-5-24 07:48:56 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2017-5-24 07:51:56 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-5-24 07:54:53 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-5-24 07:59:42 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-5-24 08:03:48 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.