Views: 1587|Replies: 4

More singles switch to a nutrient and exercise-rich way of life [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2017-5-12 09:10:19 |Display all floors
87ccb65d-c1d3-4643-a51a-7aef7b4f731e.jpeg

"Since I started taking fitness and working out seriously, I have found myself only attracted to fit guys now," said Sophie.
A 28-year-old who works in management and consulting in Beijing and hits the gym as many as six times a week depending on her schedule, Sophie was one of several women who signed up for a speed-dating event for health and fitness enthusiasts at GLO Kitchen + Fitness in Beijing recently.
As Chinese wake up to the impact of weight gain, obesity and work stress on their bodies, more and more young Chinese in their 20s and 30s have been switching to a healthier lifestyle that includes a healthy diet and regular exercise, and as their bodies change, so too does their outlook on life.
For health-conscious women like Sophie, their potential partner's health is another indicator of whether he can be a stable and reliable partner.
"Fitness is a lifestyle. I believe if I can take every workout and meal seriously, I will take every task and every day seriously," Sophie explained.
According to her, her potential partner's appearance and lifestyle demonstrate who he is.
"I can't imagine a guy who can't even control his body controlling his own life," she said.(News from the boredpnada)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-5-12 09:10:38 |Display all floors
More than skin deep
Often when someone declares that they only want to date a certain type of person, others are quick to label them as vain and shallow, but according to the women who signed up for the speed-dating event, it is not just about looks.
"I lead a healthy lifestyle and exercise because I love myself and my body. I am eager to take care of it. It's the only asset I will have forever!" said Nigula.
She works in the sports industry in Beijing and says her favorite forms of exercise are cycling, CrossFit and hiking, which she does on average three to four times a week.
Nigula said although she has led a healthy lifestyle almost all her life, she has "never had a fit or even 'fitness junkie' partner," which is one of the reasons she decided to participate in the speed-dating event organized by GLO.
"Now, choosing a healthy partner is very important for me because I am very serious about eating healthy and would like to see someone who can motivate me or share the same interests and lifestyle," she said. "[For me] fitness is more than a sport or regular exercise. It is a tacit skill of mine, which means it is as important as breathing."
Yihua, a 36-year-old male IT worker from Guangdong Province who lives in Beijing, also signed up for the event and echoes Nigula's sentiments.
"You look for a partner who values what you value, and to me, it's being healthy and happy," he said. "I look for someone who can look fit, live well and think scientifically."
Carnisa Berry, an American relationship and life coach based in Beijing, said there is nothing wrong with wanting to date a person with a certain outward appearance as long as everything does not hinge on that attribute.
"We are all looking for the person that we are attracted to," she said.
"There has got to be an attraction that causes two people to get together. However, I would be cautious about building a relationship on just the physical because many people get into those types of relationships and then find out their values are different, or they don't understand that person's character."
Instead, Berry suggested that singles seeking new relationships should get to know the person they are attracted to "and get very clear about who you are dating."
Ultimately, she said it is mutual respect and understanding and not outward appearances that will help new relationships stick.
"I think the biggest thing in any relationship is that you honor and respect one another for your values. They don't have to be the exact same thing, but there must be a healthy level of acceptance. You don't want to be threatened by your mate's passion, which in this case, is their love for physical fitness. You don't have to love what they love, however, it's important to embrace it as a part of your mate's life."

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2017-5-12 10:00:15 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-5-12 11:47:16 |Display all floors
Attention, Chinese people! Don't listen to the west when they tell you to bash your ancestors. I got sick from eating only western food prepared by westerners for a year. There is nothing wrong with the way our ancestors ("poor peasants" the foreigners call them) did many things. They like to indirectly imply all Chinese citizens in the past were poor peasants but they disregard rich Chinese citizens, but I'm sure they existed and lived happily in China. It is today that people are worse off. Just ask yourself if you are happy and there is your answer.

Progress is not linear. Material progress or technological progress is not the only measure of success. I can say for certain that while our ancestors suffered, but they also knew of a kind of happiness that is lacking in our modern world today. Sure, some Chinese traditions and old ideas should be changed, but not everything about old China. Think and be selective, and change only the harmful things. Not everything about old China sucked, and not everything about modern China is better. The thing is, though modern China might not be that attractive, but you are in a position to change this any time you want to. It only takes an idea.

By the way, I don't exercise anymore, and I'm feeling a lot healthier than when I used to exercise, and I'm more fit, too. The key is to relax. Don't believe them when they tell you you need to "exercise" to live healthy. You don't. You do need to get up and move around, and not sit in front of the computer all day, but you don't need to intentionally go exercise.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-5-12 11:51:46 |Display all floors
This post was edited by comeon123 at 2017-5-12 11:52

By the way, poor people can be happy too. Material wealth is an unreliable measure of intelligence. Poor people know how to do many things better than rich people. Why? Because their minds are not so focused on material wealth, so they are free to explore other areas of life that actually bring happiness. Even if our ancestors were poor, it says nothing of ancient Chinese civilization. I ask you, what civilization today can brag of a greatness to the same degree of Chinese civilization? The answer is NONE! This should tell you something special about Chinese treasure that YOU MUST TREASURE AND DEFEND, not help the foreigners destroy!!

I guess some foreigners have never been to the rural areas in Asia, those areas untouched by western civilization. The people are happy, though they are poor. It's the rural areas touched by modern western civilization that the people are miserable, why? Because they think they don't have enough money to buy things in the cities.

edit: typos

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.