Author: linda_sun

Does China need its own Mother's Day?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2017-5-10 09:41:44 |Display all floors
teatree16 Post time: 2017-5-10 08:51
My mother's birthday is coming soon.

One thing about her is very annoying - she refuses anyt ...

Throw her some white lies, I always do this to my mom so that she can accept the present,it may not be the best solution but at least the result is cheering...
I forgot how to forget.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-5-10 09:56:21 |Display all floors
teatree16 Post time: 2017-5-10 09:44
But it is one of the hardest thing for me to do - telling her white lies making her happy

haha  how about telling her that you'll feel bad and think about it for a whole year if she refuses your gift?A good mum never expects this,right?
I forgot how to forget.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-5-10 10:03:50 |Display all floors
This really is not a big issue,as long as you have appreciation for your mom who raised you and offered everything that she had,every day can be a Mother's Day.You don't have to give her present,just tell her you love her,care about her,go shopping with her,cook for her,even the smallest thing can be affecting.
I forgot how to forget.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-5-10 11:57:33 |Display all floors
i think we need it.
https://fashiontrend.taobao.com, show fashion clothing, handbag, luggage, shoes, jewelry, etc.

Use magic tools Report

Blogger of 2013

Post time 2017-5-11 04:03:59 |Display all floors
If there is such a concern about 'borrowing' something from America, then, you shouldn't have a Mother's Day at all. If you look at Mother's Day or any other day from the standpoint of 'borrowing' from America or any other country, I think that the whole point of having such a day has been missed. Why not focus on honoring mothers around the world rather than worrying about 'borrowing' from anyone? If Mother's Day is American, changing the date you have it won't make it any less. If you think like that (which I don't), then, it just becomes a knockoff holiday (like knockoff cars, appliances, tech gadgets, fashion, etc.) How about let's honor mothers and quit worrying about whose holiday it is

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-5-11 08:25:08 |Display all floors
This post was edited by RainbowLam at 2017-5-11 08:25

Dont think the dates matter

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2017-5-11 09:13:56 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.