Views: 4090|Replies: 12

Trump Must Change Policy in Asia to Avoid a War with China [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2017-4-1 09:28:14 |Display all floors

I wonder why The National Interest,

which looks to be a prominent sites, would say a stupid thing like that? A statement like

that is practically an admission of defeat...

The National Interest: Trump Must Change Policy in Asia to Avoid a War with China

Silly Americans

Putin's a killer. This was the claim made by Fox News journalist; Bill O'Reilly during his recent interview with Donald Trump. Trump's reply came in the form of a simple question. What, you think our country's so innocent?

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member 2015 Most Popular Member 2014 Most Popular Member

Post time 2017-4-1 15:46:35 |Display all floors
China could change its criminal illigal policy to avoid war against Trump

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-4-1 20:33:54 |Display all floors
dusty1 Post time: 2017-4-1 15:46
China could change its criminal illigal policy to avoid war against Trump

How many illegal wars is Trump currently fighting?
(mostly harmless)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-4-1 21:13:51 |Display all floors
This post was edited by markwu at 2017-4-1 21:40

The next days will be critical for China in Florida:

https://v.mail.com/ap/29fc5e761e5df812b60f6d703400b443.mp4

He's reading from a script word for word. Therefore it was written for him. And from the tone, by people frozen in the past by their prejudices, thus riding on an imperialist agenda of their own coinage that will have to be exposed, then blunted by facts of today, and diffused by better visions of tomorrow. I have earlier posted arguments against all the broad points he has proposed to argue including the NK question.

Trump can't be so dense as not to realize that sending Tillerson to Beijing to wax about building a relationship based on cooperation, mutual respect and non-conflict, and then next spewing tirades to President Xi in Mar-a-Lago will only show the whole world especially his regional allies how inchoate are US policies in trade, military and geopolitics. But then again from past events of how the US has always behaved on its own soil before others, it's going to be a replay of the same broken record. Hardly circumspect for a ranking superpower since it shows push coming to shove.

He should realize quickly the reverberations around the world if China next walks out of the Florida meeting. What will he be saying in front of his tv cameras? That after reading enthusiastically his Tillerson travelog, China flies from half way round the world in order to just enjoy the southern hospitality of fried chicken and a salty sea breeze from the florida coast? She can get as much of that from her Hainan, Taiwan and Diaoyutai islands.

The future of this century for millions around the world has to be elevated away from the pedestrian approach of camel trading and arm-wrestling. Create a bigger global market buoyed by peace and prosperity brought forth by statesmen who can admit they have been badly misinformed and irrationally over-demanding, not try to finagle for oneself a bigger piece of an already moribund pie using brute force pen signing by wheelers and dealers.

Trump has to realize it is more than a negotiation summit meeting. For those who are more cultured, it will be a barometer of his cultural credentials. You don't invite faraway guests into your house only to be lectured and badgered by you. In these days of twits, tweeting suffices.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-4-2 00:17:25 |Display all floors
markwu Post time: 2017-4-1 05:13
The next days will be critical for China in Florida:

https://v.mail.com/ap/29fc5e761e5df812b60f6d70 ...

The Trump-Xi Mar-A-Lago Meet:

Seriously, I have full confidence in Trump and the views he may, deep down truly and honestly have, on China and that view is a positive one.
"The Trump family's "close affiliations" with the Chinese community and with Chinese culture (affiliation held in deep discretion by Trump because of political factors) is a relationship I can fully comprehend and a relationship that speak for itself..."

In the stead, I tend to worry more about Xi Jinping than I do anyone else cos I visualize him as one who will, for personal gains and benefits -- gain and benefit which can be anything from appreciation for being viewed as an equal, at par with, and in the same caliber of respect as those of other western leaders to being treated as a sombody by some name brand personality in the category of Steve Wyn -- that he potentially may sell the country out for the most silly of reasons.

"Selling out for personal gains and benefits is characteristic of the Chinese animal that goes way back, way back and deep into Chinese history, to the days if Kings and Empires therefore something that must be cautioned."

His, "Xi's Chinese tactic", in securing hold to power, in the name of anti-graft and anti-corruption, which rumors has it goes all the way to the level of Hu Jintao and Jiang Zimin both of which are architects of Chinese modernism which Xi now take credit for just doesn't sit well with me so...

Yes, Trump is not my worry. Xi  is!

Putin's a killer. This was the claim made by Fox News journalist; Bill O'Reilly during his recent interview with Donald Trump. Trump's reply came in the form of a simple question. What, you think our country's so innocent?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-4-2 01:04:56 |Display all floors
Filter

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-4-2 01:12:47 |Display all floors
fatdragon Post time: 2017-4-1 20:33
How many illegal wars is Trump currently fighting?

How many terrorises us china illegally occupying ?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.