Author: SherrySongSHSF

Should school days be shorter?   [Copy link] 中文

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2017-3-3 13:09:18 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-3-3 13:23:07 |Display all floors
zuokanni Post time: 2017-3-2 17:29
I think the point is not that we should shorten the school days, but we should skip the unnecessary  ...

Most education systems are training more than required manpower but only a small amount of the trained manpower will be qualified to do the required job that will develop nations.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-3-3 17:02:27 |Display all floors
The value of play is not recognised in China. The need for a child to rest, consider and internalise learning is not recognised. The value of family life and social interaction is not recognised. A child's concentration span and the limits to which they are able to recognised. Some Chinese students at the age of 8 years old get up at 6am and finish lessons, mostly in dull classrooms, at 9pm.  Time at home is therefore very limited. Any "free" time at home is taken u with homework and private lessons.  Students have "no life". The concept of lifelong learning and an enjoyment of learning is lost. The system and organisation of education in China upsets me and I have tried in my limited way to make changes. Change in the social areas of China's development is very slow and difficult to achieve. Changes will have to happen if China's growth and power is to continue increasing or be maintained. Such radical change has to come from the education ministry.
English teacher and education adviser. China needs a teaching profession with less fear and more trust and honesty.

Use magic tools Report

Elite Member

Snowipine

Glod Medal Blogger of 2013

Post time 2017-3-3 21:46:56 |Display all floors
Where did you get the buzzword ""Scknowleged"? Book knowledge?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-3-3 22:27:02 |Display all floors
It's abusurd that many parents oppositing the long school time are eager to send their children to so many out-shcool classes that their children will suffer more pressure. In my opion, as there is so much neccesary knowlege to occupy, it's beneficial for children to spend a lot of time to learn with teachers in school

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.