Views: 1861|Replies: 0

How is China's relationship with North Korea? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2017-3-1 01:43:55 |Display all floors
What is China's relationship like with North Korea?  

(For that matter, what is China's relationship like with South Korea?)

I ask this question because I have recently watched some videos interviewing some North Korean refugees.  They told how they first escaped to China and lived in China for a few years (which was not easy not knowing the language or having any legal status) but then they said that around the Beijing Olympics, China started hunting down North Korean refugees and sending them back to North Korea, where anyone who escapes or tries to escape is killed.   These individuals in various ways were able to evade capture, and finally got to South Korea, where it was a relief to be able to talk to people in their own language, and their life was easier in many other ways.

It made me wonder what was the connection between the Beijing Olympics and catching North Korean refugees, and beyond that, what kind of  relationship China has with the two Koreas, also what attitudes or perceptions of the two Koreas are held by most Chinese people.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.