Author: knox1234

Can China build world-class universities?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2017-2-26 05:34:20 |Display all floors
TedM Post time: 2017-2-26 00:34
Perhaps then the outrage should be directed at the Chinese system of university entrance requirement ...

EXACTLY!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-2-26 08:30:46 |Display all floors
Gayle Post time: 2017-2-26 03:24
Having read your post, markwu, I think your ideas are excellent!

There is one more point, gayle, but i shouldn't use 'thirteenth', should i?

That point is this: all the students will graduate with more than one qualification. The first will be the degree awarded by the new university. The second and others will be the professional qualification(s) he earns from remaining parts of the examinations of relevant professional bodies because the other parts are exempted based on credits he earns year by year in his passing his undergraduate exams which those bodies recognize. So, say he takes accounting; then he takes the last modules of CIMA(UK) and if he's good, he passes out of the university with the degree plus the CIMA qualification. Then he gets BA(Accounting)(1st Class Honours/summa cum laude) plus M(CIMA). Likewise for engineering etc.

Besides making a premium of his time and effort, helping him to get better jobs faster, upgrading standards of work later, and putting him into the global network of professionals, this accreditation scheme will also attract the professional bodies to want to be associated with the new university so that it gains faster international recognition and reputation.

Now to operate the scheme, the students' time with the university will be packed to the brim - studies for not just one but parallel multiple courses, research, invention, interaction, and rejuvenation. His hours will be so packed he will not have time for any doubts about life. Because he knows he is being made to be a world leader. And since he is in an environment with others of the same mold, all will push one another to excel. In a manner of speaking, that's what is presently missing.

More importantly, such graduates as determined high achievers will also be future lecturers and researchers.  And that's why i have written these suggestions.

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2017-2-26 11:32:01 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-2-26 12:00:43 |Display all floors
world-class university ?
what does this would help a school ?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-2-26 12:06:23 |Display all floors
I'm quite doubl whether these admitted international students are able to make the best of the resource supplied in T, and whether they can indeed learn about what lecturers says. As I know, it's difficult for chinese talents to occupy these knowledge . Can these Lao wai do too? Besides, if I'm a Chinese with green card, is it easy for me to be admitted by T ?

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2017-2-26 12:12:55 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-2-26 12:36:01 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2017-2-25 15:06
As long as Chinese universities breed only robots and no geniuses there is no danger of Chinese univ ...

Please do not impress your ignorance upon others!
Seems you did not finish your elementary school!
EMPTY VESSEL MAKES THE MOST NOISE!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.