Author: Fllyingfish

Should parents take charge of kid's 'yasuiqian'(gift money)   [Copy link] 中文

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2017-2-21 13:46:33 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2017-2-21 13:49:16 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-2-21 14:36:07 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2017-2-21 13:49
Wrong again.

I can see that money plays a far more important role to the Chinese than you let on. ...

Probably, seneca realizes that being less ability to understanding Chinese culture makes it difficult to learn.
In the race which seneca belongs to, there is nothing worth to learn at all.
Having found out this, seneca is taking it very hard.
Needs medical checkup on mental health, seneca!

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member

Post time 2017-2-21 15:02:26 |Display all floors
GhostBuster Post time: 2017-2-21 11:58
Normally, monetary and other gifts will be given to the host during wedding, birthday and other au ...

That's true yes, but the question becomes how much is considered acceptable?
Mr X is already is a wealthy man with property in America and China. His salary + bonuses in 1 year, is more than what some of the guests can make in their lifetime!!! yet they are expected to hand over half of their monthly salary. Now just 6 weeks ago Mr X attended a wedding for one of his employees, and the word soon got round that he only put 500 in the envelope for the happy couple, which was 400 less than what I give him 2 years ago which caused me to fall out with one of his friends...
if you want something in life get off your backside, and do it yourself!! don't rely on others to do it for you

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-2-21 15:06:59 |Display all floors
parcher Post time: 2017-2-21 15:02
That's true yes, but the question becomes how much is considered acceptable?
Mr X is already is a ...

Not surprised!
It does happened once a while and onto good friends.
Let things settle a little and senses come to mind.
Trying to mend it now may not be easy because none could see the reason behind.
Years later as maturity grows, the sight will be better.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-2-21 15:09:20 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2017-2-21 13:49
Wrong again.

I can see that money plays a far more important role to the Chinese than you let on. ...

Indeed! seneca has an unhealthy habit - that is rumor spreading!
Perhaps, seneca is opting to move and stay out for good all by itself!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-2-21 16:43:23 |Display all floors
Fllyingfish Post time: 2017-2-18 20:58
When I was a child, I think giving my yasuiqian to mom and dad is only natural. As I grew up and f ...

Hello.
After reading your short story,I suddenly have a thought that how parents confirm that their little child have no idea or right of expending their yasuiqian. Cause as you said, you also made some mistakes on spending your money after a long conversation with your parents when you grew up.
It seems a little bit strange and contradictory that little child shouldn't have their yasuiqian until they grow up.
By a way, I am not aiming at your parents or others. I just think your story is inspired.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.