Author: Sallywrj

Chinese students at Columbia University took a video to stand up for themselves   [Copy link] 中文

2016 Most Popular Member 2015 Most Popular Member 2014 Most Popular Member

Post time 2017-2-14 01:58:46 |Display all floors
Bandito Post time: 2017-2-13 19:56
These universities are to blame. Chasing money.......When I was a wee lad, about 2 or so, 1st thing ...

Universities I agree have sold their intergrity to the highest bidder and in doing so have lost their creadability.
In saying this can you trust what is taught to students that are also seen as a commodity and a cash cow ?

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor

Post time 2017-2-14 02:28:04 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor

Post time 2017-2-14 02:37:39 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor

Post time 2017-2-14 03:17:02 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-2-14 03:37:27 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2017-2-13 14:34
So let me see if I understand you well:

There has been some vandalism at Columbia University, r ...

I am certain the administration is investigating this and then will take appropriate action.
It is a shame this has happened but in these times, more xenophobia seems to crop up.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-2-14 11:09:19 |Display all floors
It's a nice clip, but I don't see how it combats racism.  It's too bad that incident happened.  I think it's interesting to hear origins of names.  Western names have meanings too, not just the given name but the family name as well.  My family name has its origins in Germany.  In China I have a Chinese name.  My father-in-law had no sons and he considered me his one and only son.  We were very close.  He insisted I take the family name of Wang, which I was extremely honored to do.  When he passed away, I assumed the role of the eldest son at his funeral and burial.  I use Make (马克) as my Chinese given name as it's the Pinyin of my Western given name, Mark.... 王马克.  I've been able to legally use it for identification... which makes me happy.
You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows. — Bob Dylan

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-2-14 12:26:54 |Display all floors
No matter how effective this measure are,at least,these Chinese students brave to bring it up and correct the misinterpret.Nothing is more pathetic than doing nothing when the self-related questions come

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.