Author: Sallywrj

Chinese students at Columbia University took a video to stand up for themselves   [Copy link] 中文

Medal of honor

Post time 2017-2-13 16:30:00 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2017-2-13 14:34
So let me see if I understand you well:

There has been some vandalism at Columbia University, r ...

Only Asian students are targeted by door sign vandalism. Whoever ripped down the names obviously has animosity towards Asians. Columbia should look into this to find out whoever did it.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-2-13 16:48:28 |Display all floors
Do you live up to your name, or is it just a nice name?   There are many Chinese with nice names caught by the police for all sorts of crime, pickpockets, prostitution etc!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-2-13 19:52:20 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Bandito at 2017-2-13 15:52
linda_sun Post time: 2017-2-13 10:17
video to counter the growing xenophobia...

Good on them. I hope they will be that civic minded when the return to China as the level of Xenophobia there is choking!
No, I live above Sunset Plaza, it's a little house I rent and it's a little rundown but has a beautiful view, what about you?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-2-13 19:56:38 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Bandito at 2017-2-13 15:57
dusty1 Post time: 2017-2-13 00:12
The tide is changing

These universities are to blame. Chasing money.......When I was a wee lad, about 2 or so, 1st thing my ma taught me is the need to always say NO! That hasn't failed me yet. Shame these universities are not that NO minded. No thanks is beautiful. That or I'm passing on it

Students become resentful when block of students are in class and the block are unfriendly due to cultural differences and bunch together excluding others. Animosity and dislike follows.
No, I live above Sunset Plaza, it's a little house I rent and it's a little rundown but has a beautiful view, what about you?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-2-13 20:07:39 |Display all floors
linda_sun Post time: 2017-2-13 12:30
Only Asian students are targeted by door sign vandalism. Whoever ripped down the names obviously h ...

Oh dear.............This is what Malcolm X termed, chicken coming home to roost Charity begins and ends at home.......That's what they say.

“Among the problems China encountered in its rapid development, immigration problems remain marginalised and have not raised serious concern,” one research paper published in South Africa stated in 2012. In China itself, however, Bodomo and his team were even then reporting on a different reality.

Those Africans in China who could plausibly do so, such as white South Africans or Arab North Africans, would claim not to be from the continent unless it suited their specific purpose.

Black Africans without that option reported being singled out and harassed, “disproportionately selected at border checkpoints for extra inspections by customs officials and constantly asked to produce their identity papers”.

Considering the number of Chinese immigrants coming into various African countries at the time – and what Africans considered the good treatment those immigrants received – this caused some unhappiness.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-2-14 00:19:21 |Display all floors
linda_sun Post time: 2017-2-13 14:17
Let me elaborate on this issue. Name tags of many Asian students including Chinese at Columbia Uni ...

Thankyou for your explanation

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-2-14 00:21:11 |Display all floors
laincoubert Post time: 2017-2-13 06:32
good clip

you can feel the emotion from some of the students

Totally!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.