Author: Fllyingfish

Female Master of Architecture from elite univercity: play game for a living [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2017-2-11 21:10:40 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2017-2-11 13:18
You may not think so, so you probably have not firmed up your morals yet. This is not a decent "ca ...

The money she earned is not easy money at all.
This girl recieved a bachelor's degree from Tsinghua University and master's degree from Peking University. In China the one who has ever been to either of the two universities must have gone through mill. Let alone both. Such a girl will not choose a life because it is easier.

China does lack great architects, but that does not mean one should become an architect because one is capable of. A half-hearted elite contributes no more than a passionate worker.
A society should not ask people to do what they are capable of, people have their choice. And entertainment industry is not a waste of time but a new industry that promotes the economy.

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2017-2-11 21:38:47 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-2-12 09:43:49 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2017-2-11 21:38
feel you are totally confused and do not understand what honesty means. Honesty and honour have t ...

I'm not much confused about honesty or honour. I'm confused why you think the girl os gambler.
I wonder if it is my usage of words that confuses you to think that the girl is doing something illegal or hardly legal. No, she is not. The game she plays is computer games. And she filmes the progress of playing with her humorous commentary.

And you are speaking as if there's a deal between college and parents, which is somehow works as: the parents pay the college and the college produce a benefit son or daughter. And the whole deal is not done yet. The son or daughter should prove that they are exactly the kind of socially benefit product which the college made them to be. Otherwise the deal fails, the parents bear the loss.
What you suggest makes sense. But there's a paradox. One indeed should contribute to the society he lives in as much as he could in order to make the society a better place for one to live in. And a society that one want to live in should be a society that allows everyone fully developed and gives everyone their own choice over things they want to do. A better society should respect individual interest, it should be free.

And by the way I think work to benegit society is a little phony.   

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.