Author: sunnylin01

Can China lure foreign talents with more green cards?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2017-2-11 09:00:59 |Display all floors
Bandito Post time: 2017-2-10 21:48
Begs the question, if you are not married to A Chinese person and are not Chinese, why would you re ...

I've been in living and working in Hebei, Handan for the past 10 years.  I am a college graduate (graduated with honors) and certified to teach.  I teach English and am an administrative assistant.  I've been employed by one school during that period (not bouncing around from school to school).  I've held a Foreign Expert Certificate from SAFEA the entire time.  I am married to a Chinese national.  We've been married 9 years.  We have a house and my wife's 88 year old mother lives with us (has been since her husband passed away 5 years ago).  My wife and I decided to make China our home, seems to be easier and far cheaper staying here than having her (and mama) immigrate to the US and starting life over there, particularly at our ages.  I'll be 63 this year and have managed to successfully get my work/residence permit renewed since turning 60... but that could change.  Some here believe the Permanent Resident Permit (aka Green Card) is ONLY for young talent, however that is NOT the case.  There are 4 different criteria which only one needs to qualify for to obtain the Green Card... being with family and retirement are two.
You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows. — Bob Dylan

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-2-11 12:13:26 |Display all floors
China is big enough to provide food and shelter to any foreign loser no matter where they come from.

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2017-2-11 12:35:05 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-2-11 14:08:56 |Display all floors
dusty1 Post time: 2017-2-7 13:59
Why are the Chinese copying American terminology with Green Card immergration have they not any or ...

Yeah, how about yellow card?

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member 2015 Most Popular Member 2014 Most Popular Member

Post time 2017-2-11 17:22:27 |Display all floors
pnp Post time: 2017-2-11 14:08
Yeah, how about yellow card?

Too much like soccer

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-2-11 17:27:22 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2017-2-11 12:35
Ah, you believe the authorities are keen to attract "foreign losers" who might turn one of their S ...

Chinese never trust foreigners with anything. This welcome culture for the so-called foreign talents is purely the Chinese way to show hospitality and international friendship. China never lacks talents. To the billions of Chinese, foreigners are more like monkeys that can entertain the Chinese, so that the government can save some money maintaining domestic stability. Don't take Chinese policies literally lol.

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2017-2-11 20:27:26 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.