Author: Fllyingfish

Iphones lost its place in China, and the hotest cellphone of the year is ... [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2017-2-5 05:01:47 |Display all floors
Fllyingfish Post time: 2017-2-4 07:10
Years ago we don't buy an Iphone probably because we can't afford it, not that we don't want.
But  ...

No, the average monthly disposable income for a Chinese person living in an urban area is 2800 RMB. The starting price for a new iPhone 7 is about two months disposable income.

iPhone is too expensive for most Chinese people.

Could you name even one feature, besides price, which is better in Chinese brand Android phones when compared to iPhone 7.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-2-5 05:02:57 |Display all floors
Fllyingfish Post time: 2017-2-4 07:12
Android system is much popular in China, and ios has its limitations.

Most Chinese people use dangerous out of date versions of Android. That's why all kinds of scams and cyber crime are so common in China.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-2-5 18:11:14 |Display all floors
mixamixa Post time: 2017-2-5 05:01
No, the average monthly disposable income for a Chinese person living in an urban area is 2800 RMB ...

More free apps are available for Chinese. And one can find more attractive design other than the classic Iphone appearance. The techinque part I cannot tell, because I don't know about it.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-2-5 20:14:53 |Display all floors
Fllyingfish Post time: 2017-2-4 13:12
Android system is much popular in China, and ios has its limitations.

I only mentioned the glass, icons and casing because those are the first things i noticed in the iphone. As another example, the designs and color coordinations of the icons are visually eye-catching on first glance.

I am only interested how to sell Chinese phones overseas. For that matter, anything China-made sold overseas.

Huawei has better tactility. But it is hard overseas to buy its screen protector and protective casing if not in a Huawei outlet; maybe it's the policy to try and create brand image by making sure people buy originals in authorized outlets only. However, that may come at a cost; if you ask other outlets whether they sell Huawei accessories, the way they dismissively answer you that they don't carry them seems to say they are not happy that they are not allowed to do so. I don't know if this will be a hindrance to market expansion in the future. But the decision not to allow should be periodically reviewed. People say why not buy the accessories online - but not many people want to do so because you can't view the actual product and are not sure how secure is the payment system.

The underlying message i want to convey is more than just about smart phones. It's about brand image. I may be wrong here but if someone thinks of a smart phone, his first visceral thought is Apple. And if someone thinks of an automobile even when he already has a brand new one, his first visceral thought is BMW even when he knows its gearbox lasts only two years and each replacement costs the price of an average four-door sedan.

Now what i cannot figure out at the moment is: Why? It's irrational and yet very strong. Maybe over time, one can forget it. But such desires, although superficial in real nature, pop up and remain for a while every now and then in a person's buying cycle.  What did Apple and BMW do to our heads? I haven't seen any of their advertisements for a long time so maybe advertising is not the cause.  

This post for the youngster who sold a kidney to buy an iphone.  Please, don't do such a stupid thing again.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-2-5 21:48:50 |Display all floors
Fllyingfish Post time: 2017-2-5 12:11
More free apps are available for Chinese. And one can find more attractive design other than the c ...

More apps? The only official Android app store Google Play is banned in China. Resut: wild market full of malware, online scams and people using out of date versions of Android.

Which version of Android you use?

Name one major app not available for iOS.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-2-5 21:52:14 |Display all floors
markwu Post time: 2017-2-5 14:14
I only mentioned the glass, icons and casing because those are the first things i noticed in the i ...

Many western countries and India are very sceptical about Chinese telecom handsets and network equipment because of the companies do not license technology (pay for patents), send private info to China and companies like ZTE used to be part of Chinese army.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-2-5 21:53:06 |Display all floors
markwu Post time: 2017-2-5 14:14
I only mentioned the glass, icons and casing because those are the first things i noticed in the i ...

Screen protector? The glass in the phone is harder than the plastic you stick there. What is the point?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.