Views: 867|Replies: 6

Another sign of worrying revisionist trend in Japan [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2017-1-18 21:37:00 |Display all floors
The news that the Japanese hotel chain operator APA Group has put books in its rooms that, in both English and Japanese, deny the Nanjing Massacre took place and that "comfort women" were forced into sexual slavery by Japan's imperial army, reveals the stark reality that historical revisionism is on the rise in Japan.
The group's head, Toshio Motoya, who wrote the books, is a die-hard rightist who ...

--------Click here for more information--------

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-1-18 21:37:01 |Display all floors
Yes I visited Japan recently and was shocked to read this ultra rightist books in APA hotel chain twice.  I removed the books as it were ultra nationalistic ,racist and full of lies which is not suitable for reading. I am utterly disgusted by what I saw in this hotel chain.  Tourists should boycott this hotel when going to Japan.   I am  a foreigner by the way.

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2017-1-18 22:12:50 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-1-19 00:03:42 |Display all floors
It is well documented that the Japanese have problems when it comes to facing shame, or a truth that is shameful.  While they may spend money and effort lying to their own people in an attempt to hide their shame, it hardly matters.
The world knows the truth and as more Japanese travel and more foreigners visit, they are told what the truth is.  For any student with a computer it is easy to find the facts out in the world wide web. That's one good thing in not having censorship, and the people can find all the correct factual information online.  While you may want to point out they are covering the truth, I would not lose sleep over it as the truth will always end up being told eventually. No matter how hard they attempt to hide it. Even with that, I found the Japanese to be very polite people when I visited in 2016.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-1-19 09:06:31 |Display all floors
To correct the error, the correct version needs to be in Mandarin, Korean, Japanese, English and Vietnamese. Apart from print copies, these print copies should make it easy for any reader to gather more information via the internet also should be in the five languages.

History is good. China needs to come to terms with its own too. China should establish a team including all the Indochinese to look into the Mekong nation history objectively. There are misgivings but equally there are enduring good things that happened too. The aim of such a team is to identify how conflicts have occurred and to learn to avoid a repeat of those. Educating the people on the right use of history will develop a society which is more ethnically and culturally tolerant thus encouraging greater mix and affiliation. If any foundation to co-prosperity and co-security is to be founded it is the meeting of minds and agreement to the past, present and future. The joint progress to greater civilization and prosperity for the Mekong nations helps to reinforce peace.

China is a nation with several bordering nations. It helps immensely if neighbors are in agreement which reduced skepticism. In terms of wealth distribution and education it is also important that they are not too far behind. It is easier for mutual identification if they people's mindset are around the same wave length.

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2017-1-19 16:10:26 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-1-24 10:40:45 |Display all floors
Lie low ---deny----print fake history and soon the problem disappears. Then --- you point the finger at the vanquished and say brazenly that they are the victor.   Same as alcoholic in denial --it is everyone'd fault but mine and because the car drove itself into the wall ---it was really the car's fault.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.