Author: bingbingbing

Different kinds of mooncake [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2017-2-4 23:19:04 |Display all floors
Bandito Post time: 2017-1-20 23:28
Why do these things have silly names? Moon cake? Something for ETs?

it's not silly!

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member 2015 Most Popular Member 2014 Most Popular Member

Post time 2017-2-5 06:19:52 |Display all floors
bingbingbing Post time: 2017-2-4 23:17
true they are

;)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-2-9 00:59:22 |Display all floors
bingbingbing Post time: 2017-2-4 19:19
it's not silly!

Tell me more ......Jaffa cake is not silly. We know why it is called Jaffa but moon?

No, it is not a biscuit. It is a cake, jaffa that is
No, I live above Sunset Plaza, it's a little house I rent and it's a little rundown but has a beautiful view, what about you?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-2-9 10:00:18 |Display all floors
Bandito Post time: 2017-2-9 00:59
Tell me more ......Jaffa cake is not silly. We know why it is called Jaffa but moon?

No, it is no ...

You can search it on the internet if you don't know why it called moon cake. Please respect other countries culture, what if I said silly to your country's culture, what will you think

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-2-10 19:17:07 |Display all floors
bingbingbing Post time: 2017-2-9 06:00
You can search it on the internet if you don't know why it called moon cake. Please respect other  ...

You see you are being typical Chinese...........criticism is healthy for you bingbingbing! Being criticised builds character, I assume you have character. Character makes you strong and unworried about something as silly as name of a cake.

I THINK IT IS SILLY TO CALL IT MOON CAKE! Autumn cake is more apt.

I respect Chinese culture ......always. In fact so much so, I am off to china for some hotpot and temple visits in between work. Have you visited UK yet?

You can call Victorian sponge cake a sponger if you wish ..........Mid-Autumn festival cake makes more sense. Moon is due to the fixation of ethereal as opposed to reality
No, I live above Sunset Plaza, it's a little house I rent and it's a little rundown but has a beautiful view, what about you?

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor June's Best Writer 2012 2016 Most Popular Member

Post time 2017-2-11 10:27:31 |Display all floors
Bandito Post time: 2017-2-10 19:17
You see you are being typical Chinese...........criticism is healthy for you bingbingbing! Being c ...

It's called "moon cake" because it references the mythological goddess Chang E the goddess of the moon.

Change E and mooncakes are inexorably linked to the Mid-Autumn festival.

Per Ardua Ad Astra

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-2-11 14:29:39 |Display all floors
Ratfink Post time: 2017-2-11 10:27
It's called "moon cake" because it references the mythological goddess Chang E the goddess of the  ...

Not Chang e, it should be the deity of moon, In Chinese it should be '月神'.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.