Author: dusty1

Chinese Army Navy steals underwater glider [Copy link] 中文

2016 Most Popular Member 2015 Most Popular Member 2014 Most Popular Member

Post time 2016-12-18 10:58:05 |Display all floors
fatdragon Post time: 2016-12-18 10:25
I have just found this article which provides an insight to the probable motivations of the Chinese ...

They were not in Chinese waters

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-12-18 11:02:29 |Display all floors
fatdragon Post time: 2016-12-18 10:25
I have just found this article which provides an insight to the probable motivations of the Chinese ...

Thanks I'll have a look at it

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-12-18 11:26:05 |Display all floors
fatdragon Post time: 2016-12-17 18:25

My opinion:

What's visible from the air and trackable by satelite in the sky does not matter anymore because we all know the going on of those islands for months via these avenues. Nothing new there. Period. Example: we know about the military airfield that can accommodate the most sophisticated of Chinese military aircrafts, HQ-9 batteries, over the horizon radar installations, PLAN surface asset. No big deal there.

It's like this: the job of an intelligence agency, any intelligence agency, Chinese, American, French, whatever, is that they are there to be in the know about all of the goings ons of the world and, the speculation I have is this:

they wanted to know whether, aside from the surface activities, if there are stealthy underwater activities, ie., an underwater submarine base a'la Sanya fashion (underwater bases are routine with Russia and bulkin states) and if a nuke base are planned there.

My speculation is that the HQ-9's are there for an important purpose. It's there to defend whatever is secretively being built there, ie., secretive project which can not be seen by the naked eye...

Putin's a killer. This was the claim made by Fox News journalist; Bill O'Reilly during his recent interview with Donald Trump. Trump's reply came in the form of a simple question. What, you think our country's so innocent?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-12-18 11:33:47 |Display all floors
dusty1 Post time: 2016-12-18 10:58
They were not in Chinese waters

The Chinese claim the territory and as such it would be within their EEZ. Sovereignty is non existent without a claim and a defence. Even though you don't agree with the claim of Chinese sovereignty it makes more sense than the Philippines having to change their constitution to enable them to make a belated claim long after the Chinese had established theirs. Currently the Philippines appear not to be pursuing their claim on behalf of the USA.
(mostly harmless)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-12-18 11:36:00 |Display all floors
fatdragon Post time: 2016-12-18 11:33
The Chinese claim the territory and as such it would be within their EEZ. Sovereignty is non exist ...

9th know as well as I do the dash 9 line is rubbish and the Chinese need to fulfill their treaty obligations and also begin to obey international law

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-12-18 11:41:44 |Display all floors
dusty1 Post time: 2016-12-18 11:36
9th know as well as I do the dash 9 line is rubbish and the Chinese need to fulfill their treaty o ...

I disagree with your standpoint.
(mostly harmless)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-12-18 12:47:52 |Display all floors
dusty1 Post time: 2016-12-18 08:17
Still theft

'Still theft'

'Theft: The action or crime of stealing'

'Steal:  Take (another person's property) without permission or legal right and without intending to return it'

Chinese didn't steal the drone.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.