Author: SherrySongSHSF

Are Chinese Donations to American Universities Unpatriotic?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2016-12-21 16:27:32 |Display all floors
The criticism is that Chinese universities are NOT transparent with donations they receive... you don't know where the money is actually going... the strict hierarchic systems often serve as hotbeds for corruption.  One can easily assume it's NOT going towards education.

This story, same title and nearly word for word, first appeared on September 9, 2014 on the Foreign Policy website... but instead of Tianqiao Chen and Chrissy Luo donating $115 million to California Institute of Technology, it was a Hong Kong family that donated $350 million to the Harvard School of Public Health.  In July 2014, Chinese real estate tycoon Pan Shiyi and his wife Zhang Xin donated $15 million to Harvard to establish a scholarship program aimed at sending poor Chinese students to the prestigious school.  In January 2010, Zhang Lei, a graduate of Yale University, made an $8.88 million donation to his alma mater, the largest gift that Yale had ever received from a young alumnus at that time.
You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows. — Bob Dylan

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member 2015 Most Popular Member 2014 Most Popular Member

Post time 2016-12-21 16:50:36 |Display all floors
HailChina! Post time: 2016-12-21 07:13
I am pretty sure I read the Murphy translation. I actually listened to it on audiobook. It is hila ...

Murphy's a Nazi now

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-12-22 21:40:37 |Display all floors
This post was edited by yasawakic at 2016-12-22 21:51

And how about Cao Dewang who reveal how bejing clique sucks chinese companies with the most heavy taxes in the world?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-12-24 14:47:51 |Display all floors
What stupid news.

As if the pollution in the children's homes is any less than in the school...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-12-25 12:51:04 |Display all floors
that is his money , but i don't understand his view of values.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.