Author: SherrySongSHSF

Is China the next biggest stop for startups? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2016-12-15 08:52:37 |Display all floors
dusty1 Post time: 2016-12-15 02:28
What has the Chinese invented in the last fifty years and all business seem to be partly governmen ...

It seems to me you have absolutely no idea about innovations and inventions in the STEM field. It takes a team, it is rarely a solo effort.

There are many ethnic Chinese in Silicon Valley and elsewhere, also at JPL and NASA and various startup pharmaceuticals.

Dr Charles Kao is one of the most prominent ethnic Chinese from Hong Kong, called the "Father of Optic Fibre" and awarded the Nobel Prize for his work.

Did he invent it? Not alone, but he is acknowledged globally as the father of fibre optic.

Then there is Tu Youyou, who was awarded the Nobel Prize for her "novel therapy" in curing malaria.

There are many others, but I don't see why they should bother acknowledging your racist remarks.

Never mind the last 50 years, watch what happens the next 50 years. Based on the number of submitted articles and patent applications, I'd say both ethnic and PRC Chinese are onto it.

Come to think of it, why am I even talking with you, an accountant.
Let the dice fly high

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2016-12-15 10:23:53 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2016-12-15 10:27:03 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.