Author: knox1234

China’s aging population to reach peak of 400 million by 2055   [Copy link] 中文

2016 Most Popular Member 2015 Most Popular Member 2014 Most Popular Member

Post time 2016-12-14 15:58:01 |Display all floors
callmecary Post time: 2016-12-14 14:31
In the early 90s of last century, there were big number of undocumented children as the family pla ...

That comment is rubbish, I have three Chinese citizens laughing and giggling at your comments.

Next lie they are very intrested

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-12-14 18:43:41 |Display all floors
Ideally you should have half the population working and they will contribute to support the other thirds who are elderly or young with parts of the other support from state (healthcare, transport, entertainment) and by the elderly themselves, their pension/savings/insurance/endowment funds (daily living). So as not to load the working population in 2055, there will need to be an extra child per family starting about now so that they can hit maximum income level as fund contributors when they themselves reach 39.

I leave it to you to research why some have said the Dutch pension system is good. Meanwhile these may be useful:

https://www.adb.org/sites/defaul ... -southeast-asia.pdf
http://www.oecd.org/daf/fin/priv ... s-in-Focus-2016.pdf

It's actually a very important matter, this topic of an aging population. Nipponland is investing in developing elderly-care robots as much as they have found a niche in industrial robotics. But just because China's population is large doesn't mean she can afford to neglect automation as well because an aging population means less will be able to work to support the non-working and this will drag down any economic growth rate since less per capita funds can be invested in growth-creating development in the future when one may expect the global market will be even more competitive because by then other emerging countries would have caught on enough at those basic production and services activities common to all newly-emerged countries of today.

The other matter is social friction between the elderly and the working young. Even today one understands the elderly group to practice their daily exercises to music so loud t disturbs the repose of the working young. The elderly must be less selfish, more considerate.

After all, we all live so that those who will need to walk paths we have already walked before will need all the strength and peace of mind to do so without fanfare and unnecessary annoyances.

It is what i call compassionate generational progress which is so important to evolve a better social human being.

What do you think?

ps: the forum server is unstable; some posts have disappeared, others duplicated... etc.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-12-15 03:57:30 |Display all floors
What nobody seems to understand is that computers and robots will decrease the number of humans required to produce everything we need. Accordingly, there is no need for a young working population to support those not working. All that is needed is a way of distributing what is produced by the machines to the humans who need it. This can be very simple. Assign money value to the production of the machines. Tax enough of it from the owners of the machines to provide a guaranteed income to each human (without working). Let humans find work if they are bored with leisure or wish more than the guaranteed income.
My problem is simple: I just know better than everyone-else!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.