Author: SherrySongSHSF

Is it morally acceptable for medical professionals to generate wealth? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2016-12-10 17:40:04 |Display all floors
ChanRasjid Post time: 2016-12-10 16:19
I am totally against centrally planned social systems; it is now fairly clear that such a system i ...

> In the end, people imagine running a country of 1.35 billions is easy - "I have the answers..."

I'm so sick of excuses. I was so shocked the last time I made some complaints to Mainland Chinese management and all they had for me was excuses, face-saving lies, but no apology. That's what school boys do, give excuses. Anyway, a large population makes no difference for a truly capable leader. You divide the population into manageable divisions and assign capable people to take care of each division.  It's easier said than done, but stop complaining about China's large population, it is really a sign of incompetence. And if you are incompetent, you are not fit to lead. (I'm not referring to any Chinese leader but to the Chinese commentators online that love to give the excuse of China's large population to explain why China is so messed up)

I'm a teacher by the way, not a philosopher nor a thinker. In my ideal world, we don't have a need for money, and life is full of happiness and stress-free. But then no one would learn anything, so we need the world a bit more complicated. However, I am done with this earth, I'm going to move to a happier universe system after this lifetime.

Anyway, I really feel like homemade dimsum. Know any good restaurants?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-12-10 17:57:04 |Display all floors
This post was edited by ChanRasjid at 2016-12-10 17:57
aloha123 Post time: 2016-12-10 07:42
Singapore is best for everything? How come I don't want to live there?
I think it is the equator. You are not meant to live near the equator. Try the Poles.

Those who should never, never come near Singapore:
1) Want to commit brutal murder, rape, kidnapping and don't want to die.  
2) Hoping to make fast money (one lump sum ONCE and retire rich) in drug trafficking; if you don't have "beginner's luck", never, never try! Try Australia; its prime minister may bail you out after six years in prison.
3) Want "freedom of speech" French style - can draw cartoon of the Prophet of Islam with a turban wrapping around a bomb! I think there may be a Singapore Official Dictionary of the English Language:
speech, free total absolute - in video, produces no sound; in print, must be in encoded cryptography without the key.

4) Littering everywhere and expect no fines - go get a job working in a garbage dump field.

Chan Rasjid Kah Chew.
Singapore

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-12-10 18:09:59 |Display all floors
aloha123 Post time: 2016-12-10 07:45
My other reply is stuck in the filter.

As for your second comment, I'm not talking about shark f ...
....what I am more concerned about when I brought this issue up, is the excess need for face, because this is the cause of a lot of people's suffering!

You are wrong in many ways and facets. According to Buddhism, the root cause of suffering is desire; wanting to show a good face is permissible (even plastic surgery is permissible in Buddhism as long as it does not lead to increased sufferings!).

Chan Rasjid Kah Chew.
Singapore

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-12-10 18:39:29 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2016-12-10 08:22
Yes, Singapore has an enviably good healthcare system.

However, you are wrong in saying that heal ...

Hello Seneca,

You are right that when services are provided free, it may encourage abuse. It is for this reason that there is almost no completely free services in Singapore - but our system is one of the best in the world. In some respect, even some European cities are not comparable to Singapore. An e.g. I have heard some people don't like to go to some Western countries as tourists - difficult to find public toilets. In Singapore, nearly all places have clean pay toilets where you pay USD 10 cents.

About compulsory basic healthcare insurance. The concept of insurance may be good for commercial shipping, life insurance, etc; but when insurance + "compulsory", it may be wrong. As long as everyone is totally covered through the universal healthcare system, there is no need to allow a commercial go-between - this is the root "evils" of the Western systems. No one likes to be knock down by a car, fall from a second storey balcony, develops cancer. When someone is brought into the ICU needing immediate surgery, you don't go check if he is covered or not covered by insurance - the surgeons cut first and talk later!

You talk about people swamping the hospitals in China during the flu seasons. I doubt anyone would like to wait among other patients sneezing, coughing for three hours getting minor medications. It is more logical they prefer to sleep at home for three hours. The reason for the great queues  in China's hospitals may be:
China's current healthcare system is extremely weak or misguided. It needs many, many more hospitals per capita.

Chan Rasjid Kah Chew.
Singapore

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2016-12-10 19:37:41 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-12-10 21:35:08 |Display all floors
I think we need doctors even if they eanring too much

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2016-12-11 08:43:37 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.