Author: SherrySongSHSF

Is it morally acceptable for medical professionals to generate wealth? [Copy link] 中文

Medal of honor

Post time 2016-12-10 07:42:05 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-12-10 07:42:16 |Display all floors
ChanRasjid Post time: 2016-12-10 00:49
Edit: I don't mean literally free health care - but free to those with no money.  
It is OK for doct ...

Singapore is best for everything? How come I don't want to live there?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-12-10 07:45:49 |Display all floors
ChanRasjid Post time: 2016-12-10 01:11
This is very, very wrong! If you prefer money to healing, go trade in forex. A good social system ...

My other reply is stuck in the filter.

As for your second comment, I'm not talking about shark fins. I know that you communists love that the government control everything. But it's not the government's business how much people want to pay for what they want to eat. It's not the price of shark fins that I'm against, by the way, but it's the way they take them from the sharks. I don't really care how much people want to pay, or if they have money to throw away, ....what I am more concerned about when I brought this issue up, is the excess need for face, because this is the cause of a lot of people's suffering!

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2016-12-10 08:22:11 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2016-12-10 08:23:55 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-12-10 08:25:25 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-12-10 16:19:59 |Display all floors
aloha123 Post time: 2016-12-10 07:41
I don't believe you're from Singapore, because you talk like a communist Mainlander.

I'm not talk ...

I am totally against centrally planned social systems; it is now fairly clear that such a system is the reason why the former Soviet Union failed and why China now is moving towards a market economy.

Since ancient times, words of philosophers and thinkers have influenced society; we therefore cannot dismiss "ideals". Man must first set certain ideals for society and to encourage moving towards those ideals. In fact the ideal principle of governance is:
freedom, almost unlimited freedom

- as much as possible in all human endeavors, but within the  constraints of the reality of man living in society.

In *your idea* of an ideal world, you can take all possessions from everyone, don't let anyone own anything, and make everyone the same and expect them to all work the same. Give hard-working and lazy people the same outcome. That's what communism was about, wasn't it. But it didn't work, did it? Come on, even I know that.

This is plain wrong! In the ideal world - say the future China -  your parent who is rich may send you to John Hopkins University and you may come back to establish a fully commercialized private hospital admitting only the rich and famous only - totally your freedom! The common people should not complain as long as there is universal healthcare affordable to the poorer citizens. No one should have a rotting tooth giving a painful toothache and not able to afford to extract it (Poster Seneca is outright wrong! He said those who cannot afford must have been very wrong somehow. If all people are able to be responsible for themselves, how is there a need of Our Savior Jesus! Jesus gave totally free healthcare!).  

In the end, people imagine running a country of 1.35 billions is easy - "I have the answers...". You think so?   

Chan Rasjid,
Singapore

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.