Author: spiderman006

Which comes first, right of development or vote? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2016-12-4 17:57:19 |Display all floors
a truly working democracy is more equaitable because the rich share with the less fortunate ones.

I don't think that this is a characteristic (defining or otherwise) of democracy.

Even a totalitarian system could demonstrate those same traits, perhaps even better that democracy, if the state forces that behaviour on citizens even when they don't want it.

Of course not many nations have had a chance to experiment with such system, because absolute power corrupts.

In some level I would be interested to see what China can do, if they institutionalize the anti-corruption campaign and generally get rid of abuse of power, but stick to totalitarian model of government.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-12-5 08:47:54 |Display all floors
Funny. Why are you following in the footsteps of the west and talking about rights now?

If you want to talk about rights, the first right that is owed to all human beings is the right to feel valued.

The system of government is really not important. I mean, it is important, but it's not something that is the root of your problems. The system of government follows naturally from the will of the people. Help the people first. And I'm not talking about financial help but I'm talking about love. First love, then money. Create a good society first. Then worry about getting rich.

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2016-12-5 08:49:29 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2016-12-5 08:51:38 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-12-5 08:52:07 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-12-5 08:54:46 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-12-5 08:55:43 |Display all floors
When Chinese people don't feel like they are valued, then they behave badly, because subconsciously they don't think they can make any difference. It's like their life already sucks, it can't get any worse. You know. Who cares. That's why the attitude of indifference is so common in China. Stop making people feel like sh*t. You do it subtly all the time. I see it. It's one reason I don't want to be a part of it, I don't like feeling like sh*t. I like feeling good about myself. You would like it too, but you mock American culture, so maybe you won't get to experience it ever.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.