Author: dostoevskydr

Fidel Castro dead: Cuban television [Copy link] 中文

2018 Most Popular Member 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2016-11-27 15:07:43 |Display all floors
This post was edited by dostoevskydr at 2016-11-27 19:39

1.jpg

Cuba's revolutionary hero Ernesto "Che" Guevara,center, Cuba's leader Fidel Castro, left, and Cuba's President Osvaldo Dorticos, right, attend a reception in an unknown location in Cuba.─AP

2.jpg

Castro (L), then 33 years old, chatting with ailing 31-year-old Ernesto "Che" Guevara, at his barracks in Havana, shortly after both led the revolution that overthrew the Batista regime. ─AFP

3.jpg

In this Feb. 26, 1957 file photo, Cuba's leader Fidel Castro stands in an unknown location in Cuba. ─ AP

4.jpg

This file photo taken in the 1960s shows then Cuban Prime Minister Fidel Castro (L) lighting a cigar while listens

Argentine Ernesto Che Guevara.— AFP

5.jpg

Castro speaks with prisoners from the Bay of Pigs invasion at the sports stadium in Havana, Cuba.─AP

6.jpg

Cuban President, Fidel Castro, points during his lengthy speech before the United Nations General Assembly. — AP

7.jpg

Cuba's leader Fidel Castro addresses a crowd in a park in front of the presidential palace in Havana. ─AP

8.jpg

Castro plays baseball in Havana in this August 1964 file photo. ─Reuters

9.jpg

Castro laughs during the year-end session of the Cuban parliament in Havana. ─Reuters

10.jpg

Former South African President Nelson Mandela (L) hugs Cuba's President Fidel Castro during a visit to Mandela's home in Houghton,Johannesburg. ─Reuters

11.jpg

Cuban former president Fidel Castro (R) shaking hands with Pope Francis in Havana. ─Reuters

12.jpg

Cuban president Fidel Castro (L) welcoming General Secretary of the Communist Party of the Soviet Union Mikhail Gorbachev (R) during the official ceremony for Gorbachev's arrival in Havana. — AFP

13.jpg

Cuban President Fidel Castro waving a flag during a visit 27 January, 2001, to the Havana neighborhood of San Jose de las Lajas. ─AFP

14.jpg

Cuban leader Fidel Castro greeted by United Nations Secretary General Boutros Boutros Ghali on his arrival at Bella center conference hall in Copenhagen. ─AFP

15.jpg

A man walks past a graffitti that reads "Long live Fidel" in Santiago de Cuba in this December 29, 2008 file photo.— Reuters

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2016-11-27 17:00:54 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-11-27 23:07:16 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2016-11-26 03:25
I just read it five minutes ago in the WASHINGTON POST.

The Washington Postonians call him a "dicta ...

I also have admiration for F
My problem is simple: I just know better than everyone-else!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-11-27 23:14:09 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2016-11-26 03:25
I just read it five minutes ago in the WASHINGTON POST.

The Washington Postonians call him a "dicta ...

I also have considerable admiration for the Marxist egalitarian qualities of Fidel (and his physical courage in resisting the corrupt Batista). However, things are not simple. Both foreign (Angolan) and Cuban blood has been unnecessarily shed by a too-brutal Castro regime. The finest ideals are regularly violated by well-meaning rulers. Fidel is no exception.
My problem is simple: I just know better than everyone-else!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.