Author: SherrySongSHSF

Should smoking be banned inside the airport?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2016-11-18 17:21:19 |Display all floors
dostoevskydr Post time: 2016-11-17 13:39
And who asked you to ?

No person ever ask that seems crazy question.

My dada smoked when i was child it smell too bad

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-11-21 11:08:23 |Display all floors
Perfumecity Post time: 2016-11-17 13:13
Faint...have just found yr reply. There was no an alert 4 me! I PMed u but it didn't work as I cou ...

Only allows me to reply you here.
I am me and that is something you will never be, no matter how hard you try!!

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member 2015 Most Popular Member

Post time 2016-11-21 13:08:47 |Display all floors
Cdogg Post time: 2016-11-21 11:08
Only allows me to reply you here.

That's not what I've done. CD sucks.         

I can't PM u or if I do so, I can't open it for details.      

Smile at whatever happens.
任它花开花落,一笑而过!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-11-21 13:48:44 |Display all floors
Perfumecity Post time: 2016-11-21 13:08
That's not what I've done. CD sucks.         

I can't PM u or if I do so, I can't open it fo ...

Weird eh!! I wonder what kind of glitch happened in the matrix to cause such an occurrence??

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member 2015 Most Popular Member

Post time 2016-11-22 12:26:12 |Display all floors
Cdogg Post time: 2016-11-21 13:48
Weird eh!! I wonder what kind of glitch happened in the matrix to cause such an occurrence??

Anyth can happen here on CD except being normal.      

Smile at whatever happens.
任它花开花落,一笑而过!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-11-22 16:17:20 |Display all floors
Perfumecity Post time: 2016-11-22 12:26
Anyth can happen here on CD except being normal.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-11-25 19:39:15 |Display all floors
Shanghai Pudong is so big that by the time the smoker outside the terminal realizes it is time to catch the plane, he will hardly be able to reach it before the door closes what more unable to hear the frantic call of his name over the system.  It used to have one small smoking room with the lighter attached to a wire; size is slightly larger than the one at Shenzhen.

Hongkong ChekLapKok is an overpriced and grey-drab airport designed and built by the British before the handover.  It too has only one room always packed with smokers and their luggage.

Jakarta has unique indoor smoking joints which are actually semi-open stalls with seats and roofing placed along the main passenger walkways. It seems to have an effective smoke suction system that prevents smoke from flowing out.

Let me plead on behalf of smokers to allow for them to continue smoking inside airport buildings in specially designed rooms. The decision to disallow was made by non-smokers who are obviously biased to think non-smoking customers are a cut above smoking customers.

It is not difficult to provide indoor smoking facilities.  And better maintained ones if one really wants to practice good customer service:

1 dont let non-smokers decide; make sure decisionmaking board comprises same number of smokers and nonsmokers;

2 each indoor smoking room should be centrally located between the two furthest flight embarkation doors for departure and arrival respectively;

3 next to the joint should be a cafe which can provide piping hot takeaway coffee and milked tea of a quality no less than starbucks or coffeebean but at half their price;

4 the smoking room must always have very efficient airconditioning and suction systems and enough comfortable seats for say about thirty customers at any one time; after all we shouldn't be aspiring to create another belsen gas chamber;

5 it should have space for their handcarry luggage and also a free cooler bar with enough paper cups and rubbish bin

6 it must have the piped announcing system for flight takeoffs and perhaps in between announcements light music playing Clair de Lune on the piano or Los Indios Tabajaras on the guitar or Maksim with Somewhere In Time.

7 ideally it should have two-sliding glass doors; one to enter the cubicle and the next to enter the room itself

8 occupants in the room should be able to look out through glass; the room should be regularly cleaned and ashtrays emptied carefully.

It is ridiculous to spend billions on an airport and not have such a simple relatively low-cost comfort for those who decide they need their nicotine and caffeine before going on long flights during which the pangs can gnaw at their vitals with no relief on tiring journeys where they will be just sitting and twiddling their thumbs.

Depending on fate, it could very well be their last journey.

Be kinder when making decisions.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.