Author: SherrySongSHSF

Should smoking be banned inside the airport?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2016-10-28 15:38:09 |Display all floors
elzach Post time: 2016-10-27 15:18
Every time I read an article of the sort "smoking should be banned at such and such place", I reply  ...
When was the last time a chain smoker caused a deadly traffic accident?

Probably within the last few hours - lighting up a cigarette and smoking while driving takes your attention away from the road.

When was the last time a chain smoker caused a brawl at a bar/restaurant?

I have complained about people smoking in restaurants and walked out if it wasn't dealt with. However, smoking on trains seems to cause a fair number of fights. Even in the days when I used to smoke cigarettes someone smoking in a confined space such as a restaurant or moving vehicle was something that I found very antisocial.

The consumption of a single alcoholic drink in a public place is not offensive. Inhaling second hand tobacco smoke from one or more cigarettes is very unpleasant.
(mostly harmless)

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member

Post time 2016-10-28 16:34:52 |Display all floors
fatdragon Post time: 2016-10-28 15:38
Probably within the last few hours - lighting up a cigarette and smoking while driving takes you ...

Its not offensive or dangerous to us no,  but binge drinkers who get wasted cost the NHS a staggering amount of money, and putting enormous pressure on ambulance crew and police who could be dealing with serious issues. A lot has been done to curb smoking, but bugger all is done about what goes on in every uk town/city on the weekends after closing hours.
if you want something in life get off your backside, and do it yourself!! don't rely on others to do it for you

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Glod Medal 2015 Most Popular Member 2012's Best Moderator Medal of honor August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012 Gold Medal

Post time 2016-10-28 16:38:13 |Display all floors
BlondeAmber Post time: 2016-10-27 23:01
I can name at least one international airport that has fully air conditioned 'smoking rooms' where s ...

HK have several

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-10-28 16:42:43 |Display all floors
1584austin Post time: 2016-10-28 16:38
HK have several

exactly, and their proper use is respected by travelers.

It's not rocket science people!

Smokers get irritable if they are unable to indulge for a period of time, and the last thing a Chinese airport needs is a lot of irritated passengers unable to smoke for several hours.

But to ban something rather than find a reasonable solution appears to be the easy answer.

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Glod Medal 2015 Most Popular Member 2012's Best Moderator Medal of honor August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012 Gold Medal

Post time 2016-10-28 16:43:43 |Display all floors
mixamixa Post time: 2016-10-28 04:34
Smoking should be banned in all public places.

Smokers are lower level people.

Cigars don't count.

I remember Xmas when I was a kid i recall my Father and friends smoking them so when I smell that cigar smoke it brings back happy childhood memories.

My parents smoked in the car in doors everywhere. I remember my Father saying that during the war he and other Pilots discussed smoking and they concluded that it can't be bad for you it's just smoke and you blow it out

My Mother wasn't so lucky dying at 55 with lung cancer It was only when she was diagnosed that my Father realised he and his friends were wrong he stopped at that time he wouldn't have lived until 91 if he'd carried on I am sure

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-10-28 17:08:11 |Display all floors
Exactly, all indoor public area should be somke-banned.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-10-28 18:03:12 |Display all floors
parcher Post time: 2016-10-28 16:34
Its not offensive or dangerous to us no,  but binge drinkers who get wasted cost the NHS a stagger ...

Second hand smoke is now a medically confirmed danger.

I suggest you use a search engine with "smoking row death" because it is not uncommon for people to get killed in arguments about anti social smoking even in the UK. It is more usual for the complainant to be killed than the smoker which is perhaps unjust.
(mostly harmless)

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.