Chinadaily Forum

Title: Continue [Print this page]

Author: markwu    Time: 2016-10-18 06:57:19     Title: Continue

1: Something is missing in this forum...

2: What is it?

3: The ultimate integration of everything...perhaps.

4: That would presuppose a structure that intelligibly frames all the discussions and comments to-date. A summing structure.

5: Why not give it a try? Who knows before the journey may end whether there is actually a final destination?

6: Don't wish for what you may not want. You may get a kite flying in a hurricane.

7: Do. The deed. The deed.

8: (beats chest, cries For The Motherland, The Motherland, eyes skim mistily to faraway land...)

9: What is the structural framework?

10: Like our Chairman, we are not interested in just a view here, a point there.  We want to paint the entire landscape. Yes?

11: Ten millennia of human thought reduced to a picosecond of incandescent wisdom captured in a bucket of light to the
beat of moving spirits....

12: Data at the base of the pyramid. Information layered on top of it. Knowledge on top of information. Wisdom at the apex on top of knowledge.

13: And cloud below the base.

14: Nimbus, stratocumulus?

15: Matters not to civilizational states.

16: Why?

17: Mortality. I said to the wintry wind that fateful morning. Atop a hill somewhere in the outskirts of Taiyuan. Frosty air, forlorn trees and autumnal grey presage the impending arrival of another winter. I said i will be gone soon enough. But you, old temple from a thousand years back, you which have seen the affairs of man in the march of time, yes you will still be around, must still be around when i like so many before and after me am gone.

18: Why grasp for deep essence when there is none?

19: Hope springs eternal in foolish minds.

20: Try. The deed. The deed.

Author: markwu    Time: 2019-4-7 14:49:12

Global economy enters ‘synchronised slowdown’Financial Times: 11.44 am Asia/part

The global economy has entered a “synchronised slowdown” which may be difficult to reverse in 2019, according to the latest update of a tracking index compiled by the Brookings Institution think-tank and the Financial Times.

Sentiment indicators and economic data across advanced and emerging economies have been deteriorating since last autumn, suggesting fading momentum in global growth and the need to resort to new forms of economic stimulus.

The worsening outlook has sparked warnings from Christine Lagarde, managing director of the IMF, who said the fund would cut its growth forecasts later this week, and the World Trade Organization which has said the continued threats of trade skirmishes had weakened forecasts.

The findings follow generally disappointing economic indicators over the past six months that have shown a similar picture in the US, Europe and Asia.Professor Eswar Prasad of the Brookings Institution said the slowdown did not yet appear to be heading for a global recession, but all parts of the world economy were losing momentum.

“The nature of the slowdown has ominous portents for these economies over the next few years, especially given present constraints on macroeconomic policies that could stimulate growth,” he said.

The Brookings-FT Tracking Index for the Global Economic Recovery (Tiger) compares indicators of real activity, financial markets and investor confidence with their historical averages for the global economy and for individual countries.The headline readings slipped back significantly at the end of last year and are at their lowest levels for both advanced and emerging economies since 2016, the year of the weakest global economic performance since the financial crisis.

The index fell partly because hard data indicating real economic activity has been weaker, with countries such as Italy falling into recession and Germany narrowly avoiding one and with the US economy losing steam as the effects of Donald Trump’s tax cuts wear off.

Author: markwu    Time: 2019-4-13 09:32:20

An eerie silence has descended on this spot. From where it came, to where it will lead?

People coined the term technological singularity for AI. Why not then a geopolitical singularity to succinctly describe today's global trade and technology torsional tensions?

Will the world ever be the same again or has winter-has-come even after it has gone be the new but unreal game-of-thrones?

Sure, there will be beliefs and behaviors that are not the common weal. But those are just the natural reactions once limitations take wing leaving behind the feeling of what-one-can-imagine-one-can-achieve.

Sure, there are pitfalls in the process but how many of them are an outcome from seeing things inside the old box of western ways which might have worked before; however, the world is changing again.

The synthesis is at the back of the head. Years ago, it was already done. No matter how events may wax and wane in the coming months, whatever the markets may signal as blinks from their ram chips, however diverging thoughts may fly and ricochet across the fabrics of societies...in this eerie silence, stay confident, build resilience, cheer up and carry on. Those who deem to do bad onto you will like ghosts flee in the face of resolute determination for personal self-excellence.
Author: zhihu01    Time: 2019-4-13 09:56:48

Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked
Author: zhihu01    Time: 2019-4-13 09:59:01

Author: zhihu01    Time: 2019-4-13 10:07:25

Author: markwu    Time: 2019-4-13 11:45:49

How can ghosts write rules that they will also be seen to follow?
Author: zhihu01    Time: 2019-4-13 11:55:43

Author: wchao37    Time: 2019-4-25 16:26:20

Mark, are you back yet?

The judo squirrel is gone.
Author: wchao37    Time: 2019-4-25 16:28:12

Oh about that judo squirrel.

Look to your right right there ----->.
Author: parcher    Time: 2019-4-25 17:40:39

zhihu01 Post time: 2019-4-13 09:56
Give the example of Julian Asange, who was arrested earlier in London;  As a very talented hacker, h ...

Asange was right all along though.......and proven now
Author: 1584austin    Time: 2019-4-25 18:16:18

zhihu01 Post time: 2019-4-13 09:59
We have to follow rules in doing right things in whichever society.  There is simply no exception or ...

Some people just can't follow rules. They can't be told what to do.

Why should they they?

With an attitude of  "I'll do what I want to do" .... this includes serious crimes and just general behaviour.

For example, In the UK atm there are endless people being stabbed many of them dying and it appears most are just random stabbings. Yesterday alone the news was 7 people stabbed in 7 hours!!!

Discipline: now we have an era where you cannot chastise your children for fear of being in hot water with the law.

I know I am a 50's-60's child but I did wrong and was given the belt by my Father, grounded for weeks, shouted at etc and it did put me on the straight and narrow and got me in good stead for when I needed to 'get on with my life'
Although whilst being chastised, I of course didn't like it, but was fearful do step out of line again. There is no such fear put in to the young now if they want to steal a car, shop lift or stab someone they are gunna do it.

Sentences dished out in court are feeble so no deterrent there either.

Ok Blood pressure must be going up so that's me done.

Author: markwu    Time: 2019-4-25 20:01:41

wchao37 Post time: 2019-4-25 16:26
Mark, are you back yet?

The judo squirrel is gone.

Thanks, wchao37.
Author: wchao37    Time: 2019-4-26 00:29:27

parcher Post time: 2019-4-25 17:40
Asange was right all along though.......and proven now

In that case someone should get him out of jail, now that Sweden is not going to follow up on that rape charge.
Author: wchao37    Time: 2019-4-26 00:30:42

markwu Post time: 2019-4-25 20:01
Thanks, wchao37.

Author: wchao37    Time: 2019-4-26 00:35:16

For example, In the UK atm there are endless people being stabbed many of them dying and it appears most are just random stabbings. Yesterday alone the news was 7 people stabbed in 7 hours!!!

I believe that's not just hooliganism, but terrorism as well.  What is "atm"?

Sentences dished out in court are feeble so no deterrent there either.

Do they use plea bargaining in the UK to lower court costs?
Author: parcher    Time: 2019-4-26 08:07:34

1584austin Post time: 2019-4-25 18:16
Some people just can't follow rules. They can't be told what to do.

Why should they they?

Uk has gone under man....
even the rats are moving out...
Author: 1584austin    Time: 2019-4-26 14:36:22

This post was edited by 1584austin at 2019-4-26 14:38
parcher Post time: 2019-4-26 08:07
Uk has gone under man....
even the rats are moving out...

Yep that why I have my second option in Spain.

I just read this morning a Policeman who lives 3 miles from where I live in UK was attacked stabbed repeatedly at his home WTF
I'm in Spain for a while where you aint looking over your shoulder all the time

Author: parcher    Time: 2019-4-26 17:09:57

This post was edited by parcher at 2019-4-26 21:27
1584austin Post time: 2019-4-26 14:36

I just read this morning a Policeman who lives 3 mi ...

Tony Blair started this.....

Author: wchao37    Time: 2019-4-26 17:50:24

Go on.

You don't need my permission to continue.

Go on.

I'm listening intently....very intently....
Author: parcher    Time: 2019-4-26 18:58:09

This post was edited by parcher at 2019-4-27 07:43
1584austin Post time: 2019-4-26 14:36

I just read this morning a Policeman who lives 3 mi ...

Not surprised TBH....
i saw a skynews report interviewing a gang of crims boasting how crime pays in the uk. They had their faces covered, and showed the sky reporter a bag full of cash of around 250k....
They bragged of how lenient the judges are in the uk, so why should they not take advantage of our weak system? ......worst part is, they are right....
i have never known our country to be in such a state, but the problems started long before this administration took the keys to number 10....
crime pays......sign me up
Author: parcher    Time: 2019-4-26 21:46:33

This post was edited by parcher at 2019-4-27 07:46
wchao37 Post time: 2019-4-26 17:50
Go on.

You don't need my permission to continue.

He is responsible for a lot of things is Tony.....
The 300 to 400 thousand migrants that arrived in britain during 2004/2005 paved the way for brexit today. They arrived from the newest 10 member states without any control. People got scared with the scale of numbers arriving, and many formed gangs, and entered the crime world....
in the uk, police now say 80% of the coke trade is now controlled by foreign drug gangs....
Cameron is not to blame for brexit

Author: wchao37    Time: 2019-4-27 15:28:32

This post was edited by wchao37 at 2019-4-27 15:33
parcher Post time: 2019-4-26 21:46
He is responsible for a lot of things is Tony.....
The 300 to 400 thousand migrants that arrived in ...

I see, and thanks for the information.

Continue the good work here.  I'm totally impressed by what we can all learn about Brexit from real Britishers.

It seems to me Britain's problem today was planted in her heyday -- when you are rich and powerful everyone wants to come to your country and marry your daughter.

The Brexit was the knee-jerk reflex -- poorly planned and poorly executed -- but it is her only solution now unless Parliament chooses to have another vote and risk losing face.

So here again British pride prevents her from re-casting a vote.  For a mediocre nation with a lesser historical burden, it would have been the easiest thing to do.  Not Britain.

China can learn a thing or two from the British experience now that the Old Country is getting richer, and everyone sooner or later wants to come here and marry her beautiful women and handsome men whose parents have already spent their life savings to buy them a house or two.

Where else in the world can you find such a place?

Certainly not in the MAGA Black Hole on the other side of the Pacific.

No wonder English teachers -- both men and women -- hailing from far-flung corners of the Earth -- are congregating in China.

Yes, I predict that kicking them out will become the biggest headache sooner than you think if China is caught unawares or belittling the problem.
Author: parcher    Time: 2019-4-27 17:57:14

wchao37 Post time: 2019-4-27 15:28

Continue the good work here.  I'm totally impressed by wha ...

When your hot, everybody wants a piece of you.....

My 1st trip to china (shanghai) was in 2002 for a 2 week holiday ,where i met an abundance of unqualified english teachers in a famous pub called the kangaroo pub run by a kiwi who is now in jail for passport fraud. Most were in their 40's and 50's but i met other ex pats in other occupations who were bragging about their easy lives. My aussie pal who i was visiting said its likely none are qualified what ever job they are doing......

i wonder if that kangaroo pub is still open......

Author: parcher    Time: 2019-4-27 18:33:55

This post was edited by parcher at 2019-4-27 18:36
wchao37 Post time: 2019-4-27 15:28

Continue the good work here.  I'm totally impressed by wha ...

China has the advantage of learning from mistakes made by western countries over uncontrolled immigration....
Author: wchao37    Time: 2019-4-27 19:15:40

This post was edited by wchao37 at 2019-4-27 19:16
parcher Post time: 2019-4-27 17:57
When your hot, everybody wants a piece of you.....

My 1st trip to china (shanghai) was in 2002 fo ...

Was that the same kiwi who was posting in this forum around 2006?

He and I had good fights from time to time but now I sort of miss him.

Whenever I feel constipated I am reminded of his little gem of a word-- "B u t t p l u g."

It is strange how people evolve.

Author: wchao37    Time: 2019-4-27 19:17:40

parcher Post time: 2019-4-27 18:33
China has the advantage of learning from mistakes made by western countries over uncontrolled immig ...

Roger that.

Welcome Chinadaily Forum (https://3g.blog.chinadaily.com.cn/) Powered by Discuz! X2