Views: 5741|Replies: 12

NOTICE: girls seeking "foreign friends" [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2004-9-19 13:54:07 |Display all floors
As we all know, this world is full of evil and immorality. But looking for business on CD is just plain, downright, low....

Why don't i see chinese guys posting "Handsome, attractive guy seeking foreign friends, sweet smile, warm heart'??

Why don't i see any westerners posting " Chinese friend wanted for cultural, language exchange"???

They would write "in Shanghai","English, seeking friends","American English teacher seeks new friends"....

Could you ladies please preserve your dignity and not try to display your uneducated discrimination on CD? please?

"Sophisticated caucasians wanted, chat and maybe more"...do you honestly deserve sophisticated men from anywhere???

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-9-19 20:52:49 |Display all floors

Recommend this thread to those Chinese girls desperate for "foreign friends"

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-9-20 21:37:10 |Display all floors

answers

"Why don't i see chinese guys posting 'Handsome, attractive guy seeking foreign friends, sweet smile, warm heart'??"

I don't know.  But how is that the fault of any foreigner or even a Chinese woman?

"Why don't i see any westerners posting "'Chinese friend wanted for cultural, language exchange"???'"

This one is easy to answer.  Take a look at the vitriolic xenophobic, personal attacks on some of the political threads and you'll fast see why only a few westerners post here; usually those with Chinese spouses or who already live in China.  

"Could you ladies please preserve your dignity and not try to display your uneducated discrimination on CD? please?"

You could go a long way in helping out here too; like by not attacking anyone who sounds remotely interested in a foreigner, either as a friend, teacher, lover, whatever.  Why does any Chinese man care if a Chinese woman wants to know a foreigner?  In the US, not a single man would care in the very least if any woman only wanted to be with a Chinese man.

"'Sophisticated caucasians wanted, chat and maybe more'...do you honestly deserve sophisticated men from anywhere???"

This one is an excellent example of why I believe Chinese women look for western men.  You are sometimes your own worst enemy.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-9-20 22:41:30 |Display all floors

meigouracing, your logic goes a long way, until it reaches common sense....

"Take a look at the vitriolic xenophobic, personal attacks on some of the political threads and you'll fast see why only a few westerners post here; usually those with Chinese spouses or who already live in China."----will you go post on Puerto Rico Daily if you didn't live there/ have intentions of going there?

" In the US, not a single man would care in the very least if any woman only wanted to be with a Chinese man."-------as far as I know, the US was in apartheid, AND, still contains racism in many different sorts, take typical police beatings for instance.

"You are sometimes your own worst enemy."------then again, my enemy's enemy is my friend. And my friend's enemy is my enemy. And my enemy's friend is my enemy. Back to the top, my enemy's enemy is my friend. Haha, i could be stuck in this paradox of yours for days...hahaha

meiguoracing, whatever your motive was for posting, i don't care. My facts are laid down. My opinion remains unchanged.

P.S Counter-argue, i'd like to see you try again.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-9-20 23:59:12 |Display all floors

ok

How can I argue, when what you wrote does not at all rebut what I wrote?  I have no intention of living in China, but was once thinking about it.  CD helped change my mind.  What does that have to do with any of the personal attacks that just about every westerner has endured on CD?

"as far as I know, the US was in apartheid, AND, still contains racism in many different sorts, take typical police beatings for instance."

Even if that were true, and it certainly is not, what does it have to do with anything?  You're proving your ignorance of the US here, but again, it has nothing to do with anything I wrote above.

"then again, my enemy's enemy is my friend. And my friend's enemy is my enemy. And my enemy's friend is my enemy. Back to the top, my enemy's enemy is my friend. Haha, i could be stuck in this paradox of yours for days...hahaha"

By this nonsense you've again proven my point that you are your own worst enemy.  I could not make you look any more foolish than what you just wrote.  Maybe it makes sense to Chinese men, but certainly not to any westerner.  Then again, plenty of the arguments on CD totally evade facts, logic and reason.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-9-21 06:17:58 |Display all floors

Be polite...

To Wei_sun
   Please be more polite to girls,or it sounds not like a gentleman.
   I believe most of the Chinese who post in CD are interested in foreign language(English),exotic culture,custom or people.Or why they like to read and write English here?! There are so many Chinese forums about similiar topics.
   I dont think there is anything wrong that some girls would like to know foreigners.Everyone has curiosity.Like when I stayed in a foreign university,some boys came and talked to me.And what these Chinese girls want is their personal affairs.I admit that I dont like some are desperate for relationship with foreign guys,but it is their life style..We should respect other people's point of life.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-9-21 12:08:12 |Display all floors

reply to meiguoracing

"Why does any Chinese man care if a Chinese woman wants to know a foreigner? In the US, not a single man would care in the very least if any woman only wanted to be with a Chinese man."

I think it is due to the two different cultures. We Chinese are collectivinism. We tend to regard a social problem as our own duty.We think that is our responsiblity to contribute the society. I am sure most of CHINESE ppl can understand the OP's idea. I admit that things should be like what you said,"In the US, not a single man would care in the very least if any woman only wanted to be with a Chinese man."

The fact is true, and the prolem does exist, we do care much of the dark side of our society. We hope more and more Chinese girls can prevent from SELLING themselves to foreigners. With the exception of a large number of decent Chinese girls, who have a strong desire to learn English.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.