Views: 1961|Replies: 5

Positive Side of Azerbaijan Capital Baku [Copy link] 中文

2018 Most Popular Member 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2016-9-14 13:58:36 |Display all floors
This post was edited by dostoevskydr at 2016-9-14 18:34

1.jpg

Russian blogger Ilya Varlamov went to capital of Azerbajain,former Soviet Republic and checked how the city looks now twenty five yearslater after USSR collapsed. His impression is greatly positive, let's read whathe says:

It is fantastic! Just unbelievable! Modern Baku - it's justa miracle, it's like winning the lottery, it's like a really pretty girl!Wonderful city, a delight! If you have not been in Baku - you have not lived!

As you understand, I really like Baku. The last time I washere 4 years ago, but then the city was like one big construction. Allscaffoldings are removed now, and I found myself in a beautiful modern city.Baku probably the most advanced capital among all the capitals of former Sovietrepublics. Even Moscow is not as perfect as Baku. The stunning city.

In the center, most of the buildings are restored and looksimply gorgeous. Luxury palaces, immersed in the greenery. The rare city has somuch beauty.

2.jpg

Wonderful.

3.jpg

4.jpg

Wherever you look, you want to take a photograph.

5.jpg

And these wonderful Baku balconies! I dream of such balconyand want to have breakfast that consists of eggs with tomatoes and flavoredTurkish coffee.

6.jpg

Every street – is a discovery. It is an exciting new bookthat you can not close until finish reading.

7.jpg

My advice to you: take a lot of memory cards for your cameraand good shoes)

8.jpg

In the center, behind the fortified walls, there is an OldTown, Icheri Sheher.

9.jpg

It is completely repaired. It was repaired rather thanrestored. What is most interesting, it is not a museum. People still live inthe old center. Someone dries his clothes, children play in the narrow streets... Parking could be limited)

10.jpg

This is how it looks.

11.jpg

12.jpg

Sidewalks are made of stone, streets are made ofcobblestone.

13.jpg

Beauty

14.jpg

What is it?

15.jpg

The famous place ...

16.jpg

And this is how it looked in the movie "The Diamond Arm".

17.jpg

Balconies, balconies, oh, beautiful balconies!

18.jpg

And here is a simple life.

19.jpg

Antique shop

20.jpg

21.jpg

Baku - a modern European city. In some places, it looks likeParis.

22.jpg

Hmm ... what do we have here?

23.jpg

Lovely cafes and restaurants are allover.

24.jpg

The central streets are full of tourists. Baku sometimeslooks like Istanbul!

25.jpg

A lot of tourists.

26.jpg

The center is perfect.

Contd...............

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2016-9-14 18:18:48 |Display all floors
This post was edited by dostoevskydr at 2016-9-14 18:26

Contd..........

27.jpg

Just look at this - what a miracle. Where else you could see something like this? Maybe in Minsk? Kiev? May be in Moscow? No, such streets couldn’t be seen there.

28.jpg

Miracle!

29.jpg

30.jpg

History

31.jpg

32.jpg

Soviet palaces were not blown, like in Dushanbe. Here everything is repaired.

33.jpg

Hotel "Intourist" is now - a good 5-star hotel.They say it's a remake. Old "Intourist" was elsewhere, and this is the rebuilt on the old project.

34.jpg

Fire Station

35.jpg

Mosque

36.jpg

Catholic Church. Many buildings in Azerbaijan are built of local stone, there are a lot of fields of different breeds. They include travertine, marble, and hard limestone. In total, the country produces about 100 kinds of materials, of which 21 can be considered as the decorative stone.

37.jpg

The gate of the president’s palace.

38.jpg

Charging station for electric cars

39.jpg

Baku – is a very important economic and industrial center.It is located in the Baku oil and gas area. Oil and gas play a major role in the economy of both the city and the entire country. With the fall of prices on oil revenue from its sales decreased, but before the crisis, Baku earned a lot.

40.jpg

The only thing that is bad in the city - is public transportation. Despite the fact that Baku has bought modern buses for the city center, they can’t compare with electric transport. Baku deserves to have a tram and trolley bus! But there are no bus taxis!

41.jpg

A lot of people prefer a bicycle.

42.jpg

And what a food in Baku!!! You surely know the legendary Baku tomatoes.

43.jpg

But not only tomatoes are perfect in Baku - all fruits and vegetables are fantastically delicious.

44.jpg

Be sure to go to the bazaar.

45.jpg

Oh, how yummy!

46.jpg

Kurdyuk! Cut into cubes - with potatoes on a skewer!

47.jpg

In the Caspian Sea, on which Baku is located, a huge amount of all black caviar in the world is produced. According to estimates of 2006,it was 90%. Many people get it illegally and then sell on the black market.This caviar is often exported.

48.jpg

49.jpg

Let’s get back to the town center.

50.jpg

Watch ...

51.jpg

In Baku, there is and elegant embankment.

52.jpg

Baku Boulevard is older than 100 years. At the beginning ofthe XIX century, it was built on the money of the Baku city authorities and patrons. In 2008, the embankment was reconstructed, after which its length doubled, to 25 km. Embankment received the status of National Park, a lot of attractions, fountain complexes, sports palaces, restaurants and canal systems,"Little Venice" appeared there.

53.jpg

It is very pleasant to walk along the embankment. It is beautifully illuminated, there is nothing superfluous.

54.jpg

Here is the Baku Venice.

55.jpg

Channels and cafes

56.jpg

It's nice to sit here in the evening.

Contd...........

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-9-14 18:32:53 |Display all floors
Contd.........

57.jpg

You can ride on a gondola. It's a pity, the gondoliers donot sing!

58.jpg

The city shines at night.

59.jpg

60.jpg

There are just perfect restaurants!

61.jpg

I have never eaten so tasty.

62.jpg

I dream about cakes of this woman for a month! It isnecessary to return to Baku. Eat, walk, enjoy!

63.jpg

The beautiful city, I highly recommend.

Concluded.

Via: varlamov.ru

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2016-9-14 20:18:57 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-9-15 00:20:12 |Display all floors
How surprising! A mixture of Europe and Asia!
My problem is simple: I just know better than everyone-else!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-9-15 00:43:50 |Display all floors
Ted180 Post time: 2016-9-15 00:20
How surprising! A mixture of Europe and Asia!

Beautiful city, beautiful people.............

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.