Views: 8995|Replies: 20

[Photos] Sardinia [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2016-8-24 09:29:35 |Display all floors
The massive tub of Nutella on the breakfast buffet bread table tells me instantly that Hotel Marinedda knows the business of hospitality.

It knows what can't be resisted.

And that also includes a prime Mediterranean location, several swimming pools, a gigantic spa and a handful of top restaurants – plus luxury rooms with views of a turquoise bay.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-8-24 09:31:50 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-8-24 09:32:09 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-8-24 09:33:18 |Display all floors
My girlfriend and I take the long way by accident – but no matter, it's a fantastic journey.

The landscape is dotted with incredible rocky outcrops that give it an almost surreal, lunar feel.

The hotel is wonderfully secluded, set back from a quiet road that leads down to the tiny fishing village of Isola Rossa.

We park among all the other shiny new hire cars – public transport isn't terribly viable – then saunter over to the entrance.

The hotel has just had a 4.5million euro makeover and bumped up from four to five-star status and I'm keen to see if it lives up to its billing.

In general, it most certainly does.

In the airy reception area we're given an icy cold fruity water served in a hipster glass jar with a handle and an energetic greeting by the Guest Relation Manager, Flavia.

She is one smiling bundle of can-do positivity.

And I'm grinning like a Cheshire cat, too, when I step into our room – one of the presidential suites.

It's almost big enough, but not quite, to warrant a tour.

A large percentage of the plaudits go to the terrace. Out here, it's impossible not to be in holiday mode.

It's big enough for 15, let alone two and the view is one we never tire of. Immediately below is one of the hotel's two outdoor pools and further out the cute bay, with the sun's lazy last rays draped over it.

Back inside we discover an en-suite with a very plasticky, but feature-laden shower, with nozzles that squirt water at you from every conceivable angle, a walk-in wardrobe area with a flash coffee machine and a huge bed with a mosquito net draped around the perimeter.

There are also two huge armchairs.

The décor is very relaxing – gentle pastel paintwork with subtle sea-themed sea-shell motifs – and the furniture has a lightly distressed driftwood aesthetic.

It's like being in a five-star beach hut.

As enticing as the room is, we can't resist the azure waters of the bay and dash down to the beach, which is just five minutes by foot and as idyllic as it looked from our terrace.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-8-24 09:37:29 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-8-24 09:37:44 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-8-24 09:37:59 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.