Author: SEARU

A wonderful huge jade!   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2016-8-23 23:17:39 |Display all floors
Saul Post time: 2016-8-23 22:00
Very nice pictures, thanks for posting them.

I also feel amazing about your nice comment that shows you know a lot about Chinese traditional things!

But I can not tell you more about the point of your interest since my major was science instead Chinese literature or history!
In the chemistry class our teacher told us the molecule form of the main substance of jade!  Then  he said: “Gold, silver, diamond and jade are rare things in world so they become valuble!  But they look like ordinary things in the chemists' eyes! ”

Childish pure  mindset can simplify your life which let you live in a light way! Without man-made troubles you will work in high efficiency!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-8-23 23:31:08 |Display all floors
美玉无瑕---------Good jade has no spots with it!
金银有价,玉无价!!!-----------Gold or silver has its own fair price on the market!But jade is ‘priceless’ ----------in other words, it is difficult for you offer a piece of jade a reasonable price since its components are very complicated!----------Many gemologists failed for their wrong judgement on some jade-stones!
Childish pure  mindset can simplify your life which let you live in a light way! Without man-made troubles you will work in high efficiency!

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member CD top contributor in April 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2016-8-24 00:11:00 |Display all floors
SEARU Post time: 2016-8-23 22:35
About your words "I am 100% sure it is NOT jade." ----------------

I partly agree with you sinc ...

Sorry to disappoint you but I stand by what I said, this carving IS NOT JADE, the colour and structure of the stone even at the front are neither nephrite nor jadeite, it is another hard stone that has certain similarities to jade but is NOT the real thing.

China has many stones that use the word 玉 as part of the name but the minerals are different.

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member CD top contributor in April 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2016-8-24 00:12:19 |Display all floors
SEARU Post time: 2016-8-23 22:55
The behind part is the  background of the front real jade  that shows where the treasure comes fro ...

Again you are mistaken, maybe the Chinese name for this stone contains the word jade but it is certainly not true jade in any way.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-8-24 00:33:40 |Display all floors
foreignchinese Post time: 2016-8-23 08:15
I have bad luck with Jade.

How so?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-8-24 07:29:23 |Display all floors
futsanglung Post time: 2016-8-24 00:11
Sorry to disappoint you but I stand by what I said, this carving IS NOT JADE, the colour and struc ...

About "Sorry to disappoint"

I wonder why you said so?  -----------
In china we often say the phrase ‘实事求是’----------Try to find out the truth from the real facts that is the basic work principal for our communist party!

I don't wish my words sounds like a  tree in air without roots! ------------- I feel happy with you for idea-exchange --------------and it is OK even such discussion becomes quarreling since that is the true meaning of the word ‘forum’!

You are welcome!!!!!!!    I think reader-friends including me would benifit from ‘the war of debating’!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-8-24 08:30:02 |Display all floors
1105852048 Post time: 2016-8-24 00:33
How so?

I also want to know more about his story! -------------Jade-business itself is risky that needs your good eyesight on goods! --------------I wish I could improve my judgement through this thread!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.