Author: SEARU

A wonderful huge jade!   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2016-8-23 17:10:04 |Display all floors
Cdogg Post time: 2016-8-23 14:51
Are you sure those fruits are fresh?
They look a little jaded to me...

Childish pure  mindset can simplify your life which let you live in a light way! Without man-made troubles you will work in high efficiency!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-8-23 18:18:33 |Display all floors
futsanglung Post time: 2016-8-23 15:56
A very Chinese comment, why the need to try to add to beauty by adding cheap lights?

got to agree about the lights.
the beauty of the stone is diminished by a cheap lighting choice.

better to have a few small spot lights around at different angles to show contrasts and the shapes that the carving has.

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member CD top contributor in April 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2016-8-23 20:38:45 |Display all floors
BlondeAmber Post time: 2016-8-23 18:18

It is the Chinese way, try visiting a show cave that has been lit using multicoloured lights spoiling some of the natural beauty.

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member CD top contributor in April 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2016-8-23 20:39:08 |Display all floors
BlondeAmber Post time: 2016-8-23 18:18

It is the Chinese way, try visiting a show cave that has been lit using multicoloured lights spoiling some of the natural beauty.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-8-23 22:00:50 |Display all floors
Very nice pictures, thanks for posting them.

What is the significance of jade in Chinese culture?
Jade means a precious stone with five virtues, benevolence(仁), righteousness(義), wisdom(智), brave(勇) and honest and clean(潔). Jade also has religious meaning. Wizard(巫) in Chinese is from the symbol of two jades listed together offer to gods and ancestors.

Cool
Anger is an acid that can do more harm to the vessel in which it is stored than to anything on which it is poured. Mark Twain

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-8-23 22:35:44 |Display all floors
futsanglung Post time: 2016-8-23 15:55
I am happy to accept that it is natural stone however I am 100% sure it is NOT jade.

Too be calle ...

About your words "I am 100% sure it is NOT jade." ----------------

I partly agree with you since I am not gemologist!  But on this aspect  I have learned a lot from my eldest brother  who had done a small business on jade for many years in his spare time before retirement!

In fact, like gold and diamond, most jades do not exist alone!--------- Instead,they are usually hidden in stones!  Many businessmen on jade may become millionaire over night if he got an ugly stone with treasures in it!  Or they might go bankrupt since they have paid high price for certain good-looking stone but there is no jade inside when it is opened by saw!

JUST AS the pictures show, the back of the status is not valube compared with its front part!
I do think the front is real  jade!   -----------OF course I can't tell out its class (how good it is.)!

Childish pure  mindset can simplify your life which let you live in a light way! Without man-made troubles you will work in high efficiency!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-8-23 22:55:53 |Display all floors
futsanglung Post time: 2016-8-23 15:55
I am happy to accept that it is natural stone however I am 100% sure it is NOT jade.

Too be calle ...

The behind part is the  background of the front real jade  that shows where the treasure comes from!
In fact we could not tell out the clear boundary between jade and stone!  Maybe the process of carving is to take treasure from its birth-place! -------------We could not talk about jade without its original environment (stone)!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.