Author: sunnylin01

Why do overseas Chinese students return?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2016-8-20 18:51:55 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2016-8-20 17:59
I remember the Morecambe drowning incident: A gaggle of Chinese uniersity students illegally hired t ...

Customs Officers in English speaking countries will tell you the legal/illegal Chinese workers in other countries are the most likely group to hire other Chinese illegally.

Even in my home country, a few years ago Chinese students tried to set themselves up as pimps to fund their education, and hire/blackmail/coerce other Chinese students into prostitution.
they were all deported.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-8-20 19:32:36 |Display all floors
pimpernel2 Post time: 2016-8-20 19:00
Seneca. I followed that case intently. Most of the people killed were illegal immigrants from Guangz ...

The Chinese had been imported unlawfully via containers into Liverpool and were hired out through local criminal agents of international Chinese Triads.
Most of the victims were previously employed as farmers, and two were fishermen.
This is a matter of public record.

Gangmaster Lin Liang Ren was found guilty of the manslaughter of at least 21 people (two further cocklers were thought to have been killed but their bodies were never found). Ren, his girlfriend Zhao Xiao Qing and his cousin Lin Mu Yong were also convicted of breaking immigration laws. Ren was sentenced to 12 years for manslaughter, 6 years for facilitating illegal immigration (to be served concurrently with the manslaughter sentence), and 2 years for conspiracy to pervert the course of justice (to be served subsequent to the manslaughter sentence). Lin Mu Yong was sentenced to four years and nine months. Zhao Xiao Qing was sentenced to two years and nine months for facilitation of illegal immigration and perverting the course of justice.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-8-20 19:59:38 |Display all floors
BlondeAmber Post time: 2016-8-20 16:08
keep in mind all the foreign workers in china (and students ) who require a visa to remain in Chin ...

I believe the fine is £10,000 per illegal employee.

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2016-8-20 21:13:02 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-8-20 21:15:15 |Display all floors
ExileMick Post time: 2016-8-20 19:59
I believe the fine is £10,000 per illegal employee.

I stand corrected

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-8-21 02:45:31 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Bandito at 2016-8-20 22:49
seneca Post time: 2016-8-19 16:53
The famouslyfresh and healthyair ofEuropean industrial zones, financial districts and tourism capi ...

I was taken aback as I did not see her as a keep fit enthusiast. I suspect am guilty of stereotyping her there as keep fit is not high on list of folks in Asia! I see it is changing or folks are pretending to be interested in it.......

Oh she was never an ex. Her stubborn streak (one example was that FOXCONN staff are very well paid she said - that tipped me over the edge) put paid to any potential she might have. What i find astounding is that she'd defend China to an absurd level however not willing to return says it all really.
I quickly terminated the friendshp as I was not looking to have a cardiac arrest over perversion of truth!!  

No, I live above Sunset Plaza, it's a little house I rent and it's a little rundown but has a beautiful view, what about you?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-8-21 05:23:25 |Display all floors
canello Post time: 2016-8-18 22:12
Why you and other anti-china  trolls are so eager to prove that Chinese students don't want to re ...

yes coming back.......but it won't show if they came back willingly :)

Most are pushed out
No, I live above Sunset Plaza, it's a little house I rent and it's a little rundown but has a beautiful view, what about you?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.