Author: sunnylin01

Why do overseas Chinese students return?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2016-8-19 21:27:18 |Display all floors
That's an easy one old chap.
Many but NOT all of them a spoiled bratts
Even the parents realize they need to get out from under the hens protective body and are rather happy to send
Them away
There are certain Countries which will accommodate the horned one to grab their
Money.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-8-20 09:45:42 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Cdogg at 2016-8-20 09:45

I believe it is because they don't acclimate to the foreign countries they are studying in. As well there parents probably pressure them to come back to China, so they can take care of their parents.
I am me and that is something you will never be, no matter how hard you try!!

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2016-8-20 09:55:44 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-8-20 15:14:32 |Display all floors
Bandito Post time: 2016-8-18 23:43
Delude shows a degree of personal interest :) You have got to know what the term implies before you ...

'Perhaps you wish to speak to Jin yang above that bankrupted herself by borrowing money to come to UK, study with the plan  of post work in UK to recoup the money'

Let me see if I understand this: Having been granted a student's visa, Jin Yang legally entered the UK with the intent of studying for a degree, paid the university fees and settled down to the course work. As with all foreign students, she would have been expected to leave Britain after completing the course.  Am I right, so far?

At some stage, she then decided that she would work in the UK after graduating in order to earn enough money to repay the debt she had incurred. We are not told the details but I would assume she applied for a further visa to enable her to live and work in Britain and, having been refused this, she is now throwing a hissy fit and stamping her foot because the Brits insist she must obey the law and return home to China. Have I got this right?

Having returned to China, she could then apply for a work visa as many thousands of others have done. She must show to the relevant authorities which unique skills and talents she would bring to the UK and that she would not be doing a job that many unemployed Brits would be equally capable of doing. You don't have to tell me, I know I'm right about this.

As a student, she would have been allowed to work up to 16 hours per week while studying. So, further assuming that she was determined to repay her debt , a debt she had incurred of her own volition, why didn't she take a part time job while studying? Don't tell me that she didn't have time for we all have 24 hours each day and how we choose to use them is for us to decide.

The Brits won't change or bend the rules to accommodate one wench's fanciful wishes? Diddums. Sounds like another spoilt brat to me.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-8-20 16:08:12 |Display all floors
ExileMick Post time: 2016-8-20 15:14
'Perhaps you wish to speak to Jin yang above that bankrupted herself by borrowing money to come to ...

keep in mind all the foreign workers in china (and students ) who require a visa to remain in China.

No-one is a 'special case' when it comes to legally remaining in a country.

Look at the pleasure the Chinese media take in publicly deporting illegal workers when they are caught - and the  the slap on the wrist the employers get.
In the UK there is a fine of £5,000 for an employer caught with an illegal worker, and then there is the fact that very few of the Chinese graduates have skills that no other UK person has.

The law on remaining is very clear.
non-Chinese are told time and again to 'respect local laws' when in China, yet seem to think they are exempt of obeying local laws when in other countries.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-8-20 16:53:35 |Display all floors
I know what you on about.
Couple months ago the Western media told the Chinese
That most Expats are running because of bwdead air in
H.Kong.
Just a couple days ago they had to admit that
Males and females live the longest in the world.
How come you don't run away from this nasty
Poluted air.

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2016-8-20 17:59:15 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.