Author: pnp

China's Traffic Violation Penalties Are A Big Joke!   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2016-8-12 12:36:21 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2016-8-12 10:49
"...sparring with PNP" - not "parring".

I have noticed that error of his too, but I choose to let it go as I understand what he means.  I am not here to correct spelling errors!

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2016-8-12 12:43:10 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2016-8-12 12:43:37 |Display all floors
This post was edited by dostoevskydr at 2016-8-12 12:51
pnp Post time: 2016-8-12 11:13
A 200 kuai fine for a repeat offender chased through busy city streets, and you call that 'stiff'' ...

Do you understand "LAWS" ? Any law ?
Let me give you an example of Dubai / UAE:
"What does the law say about unmarried couples living together?
Unmarried couples are not allowed to live together under one roof, and punishment for this act can reach a one-year sentence in jail if all sides were consenting.
If one side was forced, the punishment can reach the death sentence, especially if the victim was under 14 years of age."

I only dealt with ".......Are a Big Joke " pointing out that "they are not". ( Whether they are implemented or not, was not the subject of discussion ). Post # 30 is relevant.
Now "Road Traffic Safety Law of the People's Republic of China" Article 99 says " Any person who commits one of the following acts shall be fined not less than 200 yuan but not more than 2,000 yuan by the traffic control department of the public security organ:..........." ( and there is a long list.........)

I suggest you spend sometime, read the document being referred to and may be you will be willing to re-visit your "opinion" on your OP statement i.e.
"China's Traffic Violation Penalties Are A  Big Joke!"

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2016-8-12 12:47:31 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2016-8-12 11:30
Again, I wonder if you can read English?

I never said anyone paid 200 kuai and that that was a  ...

I have asked the question besides English what other language he considers himself to be proficient in. I did not get any answer. I wanted to start writing in "that" language so that it is "understood".

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2016-8-12 12:57:07 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-8-12 13:09:11 |Display all floors
This post was edited by pnp at 2016-8-12 16:19
dostoevskydr Post time: 2016-8-12 12:43
Do you understand "LAWS" ? Any law ?
Let me give you an example of Dubai / UAE:
"What does the law  ...

I still maintain they are a big joke, how often do they apply the 2000 yuan fine to serious offenders? I agree the law is there but in practice they dont apply it seriously.  I said, penalties applied are a big joke, despite the law.
The law also says smokers be fined 50 to 500 yuan, how often are tickets issued for even 50 yuan?  And I often see signs at roadside saying illegal parking fine from 200 to 2000 yuan, again, never seen a 2000 yuan fine issued! Please dont confuse the law with actual penalties meted out!  The unique thing about China is that the law says something but the law enforcer says something else. That is what I meant by 'a big joke'!  That's law enforcement with Chinese characteristics

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-8-12 13:19:32 |Display all floors
pnp Post time: 2016-8-12 13:09
I still maintain they are a big joke, how often do they apply the 2000 yuan fine to serious offend ...
  1. The unique thing about China is that the law says something but the law enforcer says something else. That is what I meant by 'a big joke'!  That's law enforcement with Chinese characteristics!
Copy code
It is NOT unique - and it is NOT only in/about CHINA.
Q: What other countries have you ever lived in ?  ( may not be answered since it is "too personal" )

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.