Author: pnp

Government Officials Should Speak 'Putonghua' While On Duty   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2016-8-7 18:10:31 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2016-8-6 21:01
China should have several official languages, not just Mandarin.

Beg to differ.  Mandarin is now even spoken by millions of overseas Chinese it is best that it be more widely used in China and be the sole official language.  Many Chinese cant even cope with one official language, how do you expect them to understand several official languages.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-8-7 18:15:14 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2016-8-6 17:49
When you say you make "constructive criticism" that is very likely what you personally believe;  ...

Scathing does not make my criticisms less constructive,  its the message that counts, not the style.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-8-7 18:19:34 |Display all floors
messi30 Post time: 2016-8-6 19:17
You just making troubles from nothing, Your concern was twisted by yourself to joke.
Very silly c ...

You must be a copycat.  You always use other peoples sources for your opinion.  And you think I do the,same, no I am not a copycat. The source for this topic is my own, its my personal opinion!  Take it or leave it.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-8-7 18:38:19 |Display all floors
I believe that's why there are subtitles at the bottom of your TV screen... regardless of the dialect being spoken, you certainly can read what's being being said.
You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows. — Bob Dylan

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-8-7 18:46:27 |Display all floors
mbursian Post time: 2016-8-7 18:38
I believe that's why there are subtitles at the bottom of your TV screen... regardless of the dialec ...

There would not be any need for subtitles if everyone speaks putonghua on CCTV.  And besides, not everyone can read Chinese characters, although many can understand putonghua.  Have you tried reading the subtitles, they change so fast in line with the speed of the spoken dialects, its just useless to depend on them.

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2016-8-7 18:59:23 |Display all floors
mbursian Post time: 2016-8-7 18:38
I believe that's why there are subtitles at the bottom of your TV screen... regardless of the dialec ...

, It makes sense.

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2016-8-7 19:00:26 |Display all floors
pnp Post time: 2016-8-7 18:46
There would not be any need for subtitles if everyone speaks putonghua on CCTV.  And besides, not  ...

I presume he was referring to programs which are in local dialects....

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.