Author: sunnylin01

Why UK delays Hinkley nuclear power plant   [Copy link] 中文

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2016-8-4 13:38:26 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor

Post time 2016-8-4 18:13:38 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor

Post time 2016-8-4 18:15:46 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor

Post time 2016-8-4 18:17:56 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2016-8-4 21:04:55 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-8-5 11:41:06 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-8-5 14:30:07 |Display all floors
HailChina! Post time: 2016-8-4 18:15
Yes, this is the reason. And the new UK Government does not want backlash over this. And this is o ...

I am not sure if it is a question of being ripped of but if you have to borrow capital then the cost of that is going to be very expensive. I also suspect that the existing plants will have been fully depreciated so that the cost is no longer being factored in.

When I was a lad my father always taught me that as soon as you have bought a car or anything else that will depreciate then you need to understand roughly how long it will last and then start saving immediately for the replacement. Planning for tomorrow is obviously something that preceding governments have failed to do.

Something like this should be presented to the London School of Economics (LSE) or whoever to calculate the direct and indirect costs that result by contracting out. After all, if the government are paying people to sit round waiting for the next unemployment cheque to be paid, is that better value than paying them to get their hands dirty for a say half as much again. That way perhaps the net loss could result in half of what it would be than if you simply paid a foreign third party to do the work. It is somewhat of an oversimplification because there are many different factors involved but people like the LSE already perform such analysis to calculate the impact of budget changes and this is not too dissimilar.
(mostly harmless)

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.