Author: sunnylin01

Does this help you understand China?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2016-7-2 18:00:21 |Display all floors
huaqiao Post time: 2016-7-2 16:18
As far as I know, you are the only foreigner in this forum who openly admits that the western medi ...

Western media and attitudes have always been condescending or critical of China. They seem suspicious of China and its policies. Yet they are keen to point out achievements in industry and technology, manufacturing and maths education when it suits them.  It is similar to the love/hate relationship that Chinese people have with America.
English teacher and education adviser. China needs a teaching profession with less fear and more trust and honesty.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-7-2 19:57:36 |Display all floors
this is a very nice hip-hop...

Use magic tools Report

2014 Most Popular Member

Post time 2016-7-2 21:50:14 |Display all floors
huaqiao Post time: 2016-7-2 16:18
As far as I know, you are the only foreigner in this forum who openly admits that the western medi ...

Thank you, but there are plenty of others who believe so. Ted180, for example.
The journey IS the destination!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-7-2 21:53:16 |Display all floors
teamkrejados Post time: 2016-7-2 11:15
"...low quality products spread it over the world..." - you make it sound like China pushed inferio ...

So, according to you, it is those companies who are responsible for Chinese manufacturers using substandard materials like leaded paint, GHB, Diethylene Glycol, and a host of other ingredients, to save money, and make more profit? News flash ... American companies do not pay tariffs on their own products, made in America. Tariffs are for imported goods. They moved production to China to save on wages and operating costs, not because tariffs were too high.

I don't know if you remember this, but the factory owner of the company that produces toys for Mattel hung himself because one of his sub-contractors, a business associate and friend, used leaded paint, because the paint that Mattel specified was too expensive. Leaded was far cheaper, and he would save money. Mattel rejected the toys, a multi-million dollar shipment, because it wasn't it wasn't up to their quality standards. Are trying to tell us the substandard quality was Mattel's fault?

When did you say your job with the propaganda department of the CPC started?
Stupid people are like Glowsticks. You want to snap them in half and shake the crap out of them until they see the light.
I love sarcasm. It's like punching someone in the head ... only with words

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-7-2 21:54:03 |Display all floors
teamkrejados Post time: 2016-7-2 11:35
The song is featured on BBC's web page: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-36670095
Of course, ...

Don't tell me the Chinese media isn't biased against the West, either.
Stupid people are like Glowsticks. You want to snap them in half and shake the crap out of them until they see the light.
I love sarcasm. It's like punching someone in the head ... only with words

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-7-2 23:26:25 |Display all floors
teamkrejados Post time: 2016-7-2 11:15
"...low quality products spread it over the world..." - you make it sound like China pushed inferio ...
- you make it sound like China pushed inferior products around the world!

I am not making it sound like that, that's a FACT, you like it or not

The fact is that industries, tired of paying higher tariffs in their own lands, moved their production to China, who eagerly accepted the business, which in turn fueled China's tremendous economic growth.

It's those companies who contracted Chinese labor to manufacture their products who are responsible for substandard quality.

Yes, many foreign companies moved their business to China and only their products are trustful because they are managed under foreign and qualifed staff. All and most of them are Brand name companies, so no easy choice to work with them.

The low quality products who are very famous around the world  for the low quality are from Chinese manufactures, that's my point.

I have almost 20 years dealing with different Chinese suppliers and manufactures and i know what i'm talking about, i know how they work. Their greed are their main problem. Sure, there are exceptions but not visible until you try them first.

Dear "teamkrejados", i recommend you to use your head for thinking and not only to comb your cracked hair. Your reasoning is poor, your knowledge is low and your personality in this forum is sometimes disgusting. Same as Robert you only show your bias and that's make you "experienced China hands" for this BBS?
I don't know if you are a boy or girl but just try to make better and realistic comments here. Have a good weekend.
Denial, according the psychoanalysts, is one of the most primary mechanisms of defense. It consists in the attitude of denying or minimizing obvious facts of reality with which the individual can´t  cope or whose irresponsibility is unable to meet.

And I agree.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-7-2 23:31:58 |Display all floors
TedM Post time: 2016-7-2 18:00
Western media and attitudes have always been condescending or critical of China. They seem suspici ...

Provided by the Western media ???
The first China's shortcomings i have learnt was from a Chinese man in my country, his louder talking got neighborhood's attention. The second that i remember was in New York, from a Chinese woman for her noisy eating manners  in a wedding reception who was the wife of a local man. There are a lot of stories with people's experiences about China, some of them funny ones, other ones very disgusting.
One of the sad realities of China is its low quality products spread it over the world making China  to lose face in international markets. The Chinese tourists with bad manners are also a big problem very obvious in people's eyes too.
In China the differences in social classes, the materialism, the lack of solidarity among the races or with the minorities, the marginalization of the "left over women", etc. etc. etc.

What the heck has to do the Western Media in the facts of China's shortcomings?

Denial, according the psychoanalysts, is one of the most primary mechanisms of defense. It consists in the attitude of denying or minimizing obvious facts of reality with which the individual can´t  cope or whose irresponsibility is unable to meet.

And I agree.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.