Author: sunnylin01

Does this help you understand China?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2016-7-2 07:09:01 |Display all floors
This post was edited by 1105852048 at 2016-7-2 07:09

I actually like this "song". I was reading the words along while it was playing. Many true things.
I have been in China a long time and most people really want their country to become better...
but letting other people do this work. Just like in any other country. It always is "not me".

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-7-2 09:14:50 |Display all floors
I like it.  
You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows. — Bob Dylan

Use magic tools Report

2014 Most Popular Member

Post time 2016-7-2 11:15:52 |Display all floors
This post was edited by teamkrejados at 2016-7-2 11:17
messi30 Post time: 2016-7-1 14:00
Provided by the Western media ???
The first China's shortcomings i have learnt was from a Chinese m ...

"...low quality products spread it over the world..." - you make it sound like China pushed inferior products around the world! The fact is that industries, tired of paying higher tariffs in their own lands, moved their production to China, who eagerly accepted the business, which in turn fueled China's tremendous economic growth.
It's those companies who contracted Chinese labor to manufacture their products who are responsible for substandard quality.
The journey IS the destination!

Use magic tools Report

2014 Most Popular Member

Post time 2016-7-2 11:35:25 |Display all floors
The song is featured on BBC's web page: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-36670095
Of course, the accompanying article goes to great lengths to aver that the song is party propaganda - a 'fact' that is mentioned several times in the article.
And then, at the bottom of the page, 3 headlines:
1. Chinese communist party members given quiz online
2. Chinese couple spend wedding night writing out communist doctrine
3. China web users arrested over posts on Sina Weibo.
What relevance do any of these articles have to the average westerner but to inflict subtle prejudice against China and her people.
Don't tell me the western media isn't biased against China!  

Use magic tools Report

2014 Most Popular Member

Post time 2016-7-2 11:49:43 |Display all floors
Take a read at this article: http://edition.cnn.com/2016/06/0 ... ion-yang/index.html
The journalist openly admits to the media creating bias!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-7-2 16:18:58 |Display all floors
teamkrejados Post time: 2016-7-2 11:35
The song is featured on BBC's web page: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-36670095
Of course, ...

As far as I know, you are the only foreigner in this forum who openly admits that the western media is biased against China.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-7-2 17:21:13 |Display all floors
teamkrejados Post time: 2016-7-2 11:15
"...low quality products spread it over the world..." - you make it sound like China pushed inferio ...

my reply is in the filter, wait, take a sit.
Denial, according the psychoanalysts, is one of the most primary mechanisms of defense. It consists in the attitude of denying or minimizing obvious facts of reality with which the individual can´t  cope or whose irresponsibility is unable to meet.

And I agree.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.