Author: RebeccaWong

Britain Knows They Made a Mistake with Brexit   [Copy link] 中文

2016 Most Popular Member 2015 Most Popular Member 2014 Most Popular Member

Post time 2016-7-1 06:04:38 |Display all floors
parcher Post time: 2016-6-30 09:03
Britain has just rolled a snowball down EU HILL....
expect it to gather pace .....

Germany will leave now

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-7-1 06:40:29 |Display all floors
Ted180 Post time: 2016-7-1 01:57
Indeed it will make a mockery of holding it. Cameron did that to save seats for the CONs from UKIP  ...

He wouldn't have a majority in parliament otherwise. It was a cynical ploy.
As I have previously mentioned, in other threads, during my career I travelled extensively around Europe. I found the Europeans very keen on the EU project, that enthusiasm was always lacking in GB. Governments of all persuasions, used every trick to hide that fact from the Europeans, but it finally surfaced. The "small Englander" label is too simplistic, and does not truly describe the feeling of the public. The UK had a truly privileged position in the EU, but that was never understood by the man in the street. I am now happy with the outcome of the referendum, and not least because I like Europe.
The world needs more idiots like me, all the others think they are clever.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-7-1 06:45:54 |Display all floors

Vox populi, vox dei !

This post was edited by cestmoi at 2016-7-1 06:49
Ted180 Post time: 2016-6-29 21:58
That was my solution. However, many people want to prevent that. The referendum was non-binding.

That was a surprising comment from you, a Canadian!

Canada is a country with a Westminster style parliament, although a referendum is not binding, the INTENTION of the referendum is to chart a political course by the will of the people.

Tradition alone will bind parliament to the decision of the people.
It is political suicide for any politician to ignore the referendum. The people have spoken, parliament must listen.

I am against BREXIT, but if I were living in UK (in which case, I'd have the right to vote as I am twice a citizen of the Commonwealth), I would abide by the result of the referendum.
Let the dice fly high

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-7-1 06:46:54 |Display all floors
dusty1 Post time: 2016-7-1 06:04
I get my rights back as a citizen of the Commonwealth

One of my reasons for objecting to membership of the EU, in the 70's, was that we were turning our back on the Commonwealth. The member states of the Commonwealth, at the time, were developing but poor, and needed GB for guidance and know how.
The world needs more idiots like me, all the others think they are clever.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-7-1 06:52:24 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2016-6-29 13:10
Good. If no one will remember Brexit, it will be judged not to have happened and thus the Brits wi ...

You don't mean that! You are being sarcastic again?
Let the dice fly high

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-7-1 06:52:55 |Display all floors
Where is Boris now ? he should lead the country not hide
Round Up is good for developing the mind

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-7-1 06:53:39 |Display all floors
TheHermit Post time: 2016-7-1 06:46
One of my reasons for objecting to membership of the EU, in the 70's, was that we were turning our ...

Not so poor now...

You need us? OK! We will be there for you.
Let the dice fly high

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.