Views: 7566|Replies: 16

University salaries problem? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2016-6-22 19:13:21 |Display all floors
Hello wise and knowledgeable CD Forum readers,

I have heard that there is a problem with the salaries of foreign experts this year (the State Treasury not releasing funds). Apparently, some foreign experts have not been paid since 2015, and this affects the "Thousand Talent" program guys - including overseas Chinese returning to do research in China. It might not be the whole of China, just some regions or provinces or even just one institution, if at all.

I wondered if anyone else has heard about this and, if they have, do they know when the problem is likely to be fixed?

I know that the Chinese governemt is putting a strong emphasis on STEM innovation and research as the foundation of China's continued growth - so I feel that such problems would be unlikely. Consequently, I do not immediately believe this rumour.

Thank you!

Ovavo Jr III

Use magic tools Report

Gold Medal September's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2016-6-23 09:07:12 |Display all floors
I heard of "Thousand Talent" pragrom.
But I know nothing about the police change.
our life is full of sunshine

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-6-27 23:19:08 |Display all floors
The State Treasury always releases the funds to the university. It's up to the Foreign Affairs departments at the uni's to decide to release it to the FE's.
Stupid people are like Glowsticks. You want to snap them in half and shake the crap out of them until they see the light.
I love sarcasm. It's like punching someone in the head ... only with words

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member 2015 Most Popular Member 2014 Most Popular Member

Post time 2016-6-28 04:01:45 |Display all floors
No

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member CD top contributor in April 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2016-6-28 11:09:44 |Display all floors
Where did you hear this?

Use magic tools Report

2014 Most Popular Member

Post time 2016-6-28 12:03:35 |Display all floors
I've been paid on time every month. However, the overtime money I earned for teaching classes in excess of my contract has yet to be paid.
WARNING: In an effort to stem the tide of teachers with fake credentials, Hubei province is piloting a new program in which foreign teachers must substantiate their degrees. Coming soon to a province near you...
The journey IS the destination!

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member CD top contributor in April 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2016-6-28 12:45:31 |Display all floors
teamkrejados Post time: 2016-6-28 12:03
I've been paid on time every month. However, the overtime money I earned for teaching classes in exc ...

Why warn of that? Those above board have no need to worry, those who are not legit deserve to get caught.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.