Author: zaq

China dog meat festival: Is it really so bad to eat dog?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2016-6-30 23:54:40 |Display all floors
I am a vegan. Have been so for many decades. I am in perfect health.  I am against of all animal abuse and torture.  Animals are sentient beings.  Prairie dogs have meta thinking capacity as well sa a fully developed symbolic language.  Our dogs, we have created by the selective breeding of wild wolfs.  All animals are special and have an image of the divine in them.   Cruelty to dogs, as we have witnessed in the hundreds of photographs and videos, from not only China but also from South Korea are shocking and rape our collective conscience and sense of human dignity.  It is unethical, this treatment that dogs and cats receive in some countries. It is reprehensible that abuse of all types of animals goes on in western countries as well - in the slaughter houses, in the fur farms and isolated people, torturing minks, foxes and other animals in the USA as well.  My point is that no country is blameless in its abuse of animals.  

As evolving humans, we must cleave to higher ideals and not to the cleaver.  The next stage of evolution is empathy and right actions.  Exploiting animals without any remorse or self control, advocating or indulging in cruelty to animals of any sort, only pulls MAN down lower to the sub animal level. To the devilish.  

To evolve further, MAN needs to control his passions and desires. MAN needs to aspire for higher ideals.

8 million honorable Chinese voted against dog and cat cruelty and against dog meat trade on the Chinese government website.   So many animal welfare activists put their own life in danger, spend their own money to rescue dogs form dog traders.

Can you not see how terrible all this is for the Chinese people themselves?  Eating so much meat makes a person hard.  We are all, already too hard and becoming more "automatic" and "mechanistic".  I feel sad for the people who are cruel to and eat animals without the pangs of conscience.  By this behavior, they are only harming themselves and devolving.   

Those who insist on eating meat, ideally should do so with compassion, with gratitude, without cruelty and hate for the animal they are consuming.  In other words, they should with uttermost respect love the animal they insist on eating.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-7-1 02:09:41 |Display all floors
zaq Post time: 2016-6-22 15:41
Check your objections

Seeing one video of one dog being beaten is not enough to condemn the whole f ...

Its not one video, hundreds.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-7-1 02:53:51 |Display all floors
teamkrejados Post time: 2016-6-30 12:19
Eating dog meat pales in comparison to the way some dogs are treated, even elsewhere in the world. B ...

So that makes it OK? I don't think so.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-7-1 03:00:22 |Display all floors
Sentience Post time: 2016-6-30 23:54
I am a vegan. Have been so for many decades. I am in perfect health.  I am against of all animal abu ...

If people where meant to be vegetarians, we would have eyes on the sides of our head. But we have eyes in the front of our head. Humans are predators. As for our teeth, we are omnivores.

I'm in perfect health and I am an omnivore. As I have stated, in all these dog eating threads, I eat low on the food chain. That is I only eat animals that are vegetarians. I also do not condone inhumane culling of dogs. If someone wants to eat a dog, I won't stop him. But sure as hell, he better cull him humanely.

Use magic tools Report

2014 Most Popular Member

Post time 2016-7-1 09:53:50 |Display all floors
Boston101 Post time: 2016-7-1 02:53
So that makes it OK? I don't think so.

No, it doesn't make it OK. But, if there is to be outrage, let it be over abhorrent common practices as well as over this festival.
The journey IS the destination!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-7-1 16:03:17 |Display all floors
teamkrejados Post time: 2016-7-1 09:53
No, it doesn't make it OK. But, if there is to be outrage, let it be over abhorrent common practic ...

One fight at a time; no need to link the two.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.