Author: spiderman006

A modern-day slave in Australia's suburbs   [Copy link] 中文

Glod Medal 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor June's Best Writer 2012 2016 Most Popular Member

Post time 2016-6-12 14:11:06 |Display all floors
HailChina! Post time: 2016-6-12 12:05
This is nonsense. It sounds like this woman was trying to work in Australia illegally and she should ...

Talking out of the wrong end again I see.

Firstly, you cannot get an au pair visa if you are African, as the countries that are allowed to supply Au Pairs to work in Australia is a very limited list.

While there are some holes in her story most of it ties up with what is well known and even better documented both in Australia and globally.  Perhaps when you mature somewhat you'll come to understand the difference between reality and make believe.
Per Ardua Ad Astra

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor

Post time 2016-6-12 14:19:13 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor June's Best Writer 2012 2016 Most Popular Member

Post time 2016-6-12 16:04:50 |Display all floors
HailChina! Post time: 2016-6-12 14:19
I didn't say that this person was an au pair. I said that she doesn't seem to have been treated an ...

You are quite correct and for that I apologise unreservedly.

The rest of what you wrote however is pure bilge water.
Per Ardua Ad Astra

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2016-6-12 18:35:34 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-6-13 09:32:24 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2016-6-12 18:35
I am aware of the problem of slavery; I have seen slaves myself while in Sudan many years ago.

Bu ...

In Australia we see a lot of Thai girls trafficked, usually on the promise of attending an English language school, they are picked up from the airport and then taken to a brothel and that's the end of them, either they are rescued or end up dead.   This doesn't include the girls who come here on tourist visas just to work in the sex industry, there's a fair number of Chinese, Taiwanese and a lot of Korean's doing this sort of thing.  

My understanding is that the girls work for a few weeks in Sydney, Melbourne, Perth, Brisbane over a 3 month period and then go back home, re-apply for a visa and return later.  These girls can earn 10K AUD (about 45,000) RMB a month after expenses.  The brothel owners are paid 50% of the initial takings and that includes bed and board. So effectively these women earn around 20,000 AUD a month.  

I've seen slaves all over Africa, especially on the west coast but also in places like Somalia, Kenya, India and so on. What happens to trafficked women in Europe is horrific.  
Per Ardua Ad Astra

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2016-6-13 09:55:59 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.