Author: sunnylin01

Would you take your baby for a backpacking journey? [Copy link] 中文

2016 Most Popular Member 2015 Most Popular Member 2014 Most Popular Member

Post time 2016-6-7 20:06:09 |Display all floors
futsanglung Post time: 2016-6-7 20:02
Seems like selfish parents to me

It is what about their social education lazy parenting

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2016-6-7 20:39:30 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-6-8 01:59:00 |Display all floors
At 15 months a child  is called a toddler. No, I would not take a toddler on a hike, but certainly on a short walk. The author writes that he/she took their child [a toddler] on 15-20 km hikes. That is insane. How can a toddler even walk this far, lest even 'keep up' with adults. Sure seems cruel.
I started my children on short hikes: maybe 5 km, then slowly increasing the distance, but they were already 3 yeard old, and always keeping an eye on their pace... I never made them keep up with me. Just not fair. And then 'feasting'? on herbs as nourishment. I think WenWen's parent are 'nuts'.

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member CD top contributor in April 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2016-6-8 06:26:39 |Display all floors
dusty1 Post time: 2016-6-7 20:06
It is what about their social education lazy parenting

Feel sorry for the kid in the future

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-6-8 10:34:29 |Display all floors
I read about an english man and his wife who sailed around Britain in a small sailing boat, taking with them their 1 year old baby. They did not let a child hamper their desire for life and adventure. Unlike China, having a child was not the end of their freedom to enjoy life to the full. Other families also take their children to places all over the world. Such children benefit enormously from the experience. However, such journeys should of course be within reason and within the capacity of the parents to provide for the child.
English teacher and education adviser. China needs a teaching profession with less fear and more trust and honesty.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-6-8 10:34:46 |Display all floors
I read about an english man and his wife who sailed around Britain in a small sailing boat, taking with them their 1 year old baby. They did not let a child hamper their desire for life and adventure. Unlike China, having a child was not the end of their freedom to enjoy life to the full. Other families also take their children to places all over the world. Such children benefit enormously from the experience. However, such journeys should of course be within reason and within the capacity of the parents to provide for the child.
English teacher and education adviser. China needs a teaching profession with less fear and more trust and honesty.

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2016-6-8 10:51:45 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.