Views: 13314|Replies: 171

How do you like Foreign Minister's outburst towards Canadian reporter   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2016-6-3 20:49:54 |Display all floors
Chinese Foreign Minister had a tense exchange with a Canadaia reporter over human rights question on Thursday. This rare scene was highlighted by foreign media and most of media just innuendoed disagreement or bluntly criticise Mr. Wang's   gaffe.
The Chinese top official of foreign affair berated a Canadaian reporter afther the later asked a question about Chinese human rights.

“Your question is full of prejudice and against China and arrogance… I don’t know where that comes from. This is totally unacceptable.”“Have you been to China?” he asked. The Chinese constitution has “written protection and promotion of human rights,” and China has pulled some 600 million people from poverty, he said, adding:
“Other people don’t know better than the Chinese people about the human rights condition in China and it is the Chinese people who are in the best situation, in the best position to have a say about China’s human rights situation.
Please don’t ask questions in such an irresponsible manner.”

wang yi.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-6-3 20:52:59 |Display all floors
personally, I think he told the truth but in a bad manner and his words could be used as evidence for those prejudiced and ill-willed to misread China again.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-6-3 23:47:30 |Display all floors
This post was edited by sfphoto at 2016-6-4 00:35

Do you understand China? Have you ever been to China? China's government had lifted 600 million people out of poverty to become the world’s second biggest economy. Do you think such development would be possible if China didn’t protect human rights? I'll tell you: You are not the one who knows best about the human rights situation in China. Chinese people are. You don't have a say in this matter; only Chinese people do.

If I were the Foreign Minister of China, here's what I would say to a Western reporter asking questions about "human rights":

Do you understand the history of the Capitalist West? Have you ever been to the Third World? The Capitalist West is responsible for the conquest, genocide, rape, slavery and looting of much of what is now known as the Third World. To this day, tens of millions of Africans, Asians and Latinos die every year from poverty, disease, ignorance, famine and hunger due to their state of underdevelopment. Do you think those Third World governments are responsible for those TENS OF MILLIONS of unnatural deaths EVERY YEAR? Do you think those Third World rulers are violating the human rights of their own citizens because they're responsible for causing those deaths? I'll tell you: You are not the one who knows best about the human rights situation in the Third World. Those people in the Third World are. You don't have a say in this matter because you and your ancestors were the ones who caused their poverty, misery and suffering in the first place over the last 500 years!!!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-6-4 00:10:31 |Display all floors
sfphoto Post time: 2016-6-3 23:47
If I were the Foreign Minister of China, here's what I would say to a Western reporter asking ques ...

Do YOU even know what the Third World is?

"Third World" is a Cold War moniker. First World nations were those which allied with NATO. Second World nations were those which allied with the Soviet Bloc. Third World nations were those which allied with neither. Oh, and just an FYI ... China allied with neither ...

What the Foreign Minister tried to do, in Canada, was "control" the type of questions the media can ask.The same thing they do in China. The question was a valid one, and the Foreign Minister should have answered it, instead of throwing a girly hissy-fit.
Stupid people are like Glowsticks. You want to snap them in half and shake the crap out of them until they see the light.
I love sarcasm. It's like punching someone in the head ... only with words

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-6-4 00:12:22 |Display all floors
sfphoto Post time: 2016-6-3 23:47
If I were the Foreign Minister of China, here's what I would say to a Western reporter asking ques ...

Wow... what a rant!  Do you understand that China is NOT a 'third world' country?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-6-4 00:18:35 |Display all floors
desperado123 Post time: 2016-6-3 20:52
personally, I think he told the truth but in a bad manner and his words could be used as evidence fo ...

I agree with you.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-6-4 00:22:04 |Display all floors
cmknight Post time: 2016-6-4 00:10
Do YOU even know what the Third World is?

"Third World" is a Cold War moniker. First World nation ...

I agree with you. Having lived in China for a long time I have seen plenty of 'adjusting of events' to be politically correct with the government's policies. The minister should have answered in a polite way, but he had to 'toe' the party line and let his anger, for being put on the spot, get the better [or worse] of him. Too bad for him. Not a very ministerial behaviour.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.