Views: 8618|Replies: 28

What attitude should China take towards North Korea? [Copy link] 中文

CD top contributor in April

Post time 2016-6-2 17:01:28 |Display all floors

The relationship between China and North Koreais facing a challenge. North Korea has been trapped in a vicious circle sinceit was sanctioned by United Nations, for it has made the third time of nucleartest. Absolutely, North Korea is wrong to do what peace-loving people in theworld do not like.

As its neighbor, China faces a dilemma, to support it or to break withit. China takes a clear-cut stand that China do not allow North Korea to havenuclear weapon and join in the line to sanction North Korea. Meanwhile, Chinaalways shows mercy because of brotherhood and neighborhood with North Korea.China has been criticized by some countries for not taking responsibility tohave this little brother keep calm. To break with North Korea is impossible forChina. China always thinks highly of its neighbor.

What should China do? Do you have any ideas?

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2016-6-2 20:58:06 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-6-3 05:11:18 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Ted180 at 2016-6-2 16:26

I will beat the Pastor to the punch with my rather Marxist suggestion. Because the Kim family conducts a feudal criminal regime, action is required. It must be thoroughly-planned (and surely it already is!). 1. Consult with S. Korea to gain approval. The objective is NOT to overthrow the DPRK or to reunify Korea. It is simply to install a proper communist government in Pyongyang. (Indeed, a PROVISIONAL communist government should already be "on-tap" near the Yalu). Simply-put Chinese special forces followed by regular PLA units should OCCUPY the DPRK (and secure the DMZ). All nuclear weapons removed to China. All members of the Kim family and officials involved in crimes against the people of DPRK to be arrested. A provisional government appointed by CPC to report to the PLA until the situation is stable enough for elections. Rename the "workers" party the Korean Communist Party. Have single party elections - but gradually allow debate within the KCP. Have ROK ask all US forces to leave. Delay reunification a long time, but spread ROK prosperity north. Indeed, China must NOT abandon its "little brother"!
What's on your mind...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-6-3 05:41:08 |Display all floors
As you can see, this provides an exit for the US from Korea too. This reduces what should be a serious problem for both. This trend can be extended to the US ceasing all military assistance to Taiwan and making it clear that a peaceful reunification is the US desire. Such bold moves would reduce the silly problems of the "9-dash-line". Of course it is both unfriendly and unnecessary for US carrier groups to deploy close to Chinese territory. Hopefully, we can get to the point at which both China and US will be able to waste less on defense. Now, all these advances do require good faith on the Chinese side too.
What's on your mind...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-6-3 06:52:49 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Ted180 at 2016-6-2 17:54

My whole idea is to remove US forces from Korea so tensions between China and US will be greatly decreased. I predict China and US will become two equal superpowers in about 20 years. They will then be in a position to either destroy or save humanity.
As for me, I will be dead.
What's on your mind...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-6-3 10:04:14 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2016-6-2 20:58
I am waiting with bated breath for the erudite explanations coming from our one and only N Korea exp ...

It is a good suggestion. Let's hear the opinion from Koreans.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-6-3 10:31:36 |Display all floors
Ted180 Post time: 2016-6-3 05:11
I will beat the Pastor to the punch with my rather Marxist suggestion. Because the Kim family conduc ...

It is a good idea to reunite Korea.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.