Views: 19777|Replies: 57

[EU] Munich ticket inspector intimidates Chinese student   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2016-5-27 19:35:53 |Display all floors
A woman from China got confused by the train ticket system in Germany, because some machines print stamped tickets, while other machines print tickets which you have to stamp inside the train.

When she showed the unstamped ticket to the inspector he intimidated her, telling her she needs to pay 60 Euro fine and confiscated her passport. He threatened her that they will have to go to the "po-li-ce" and made her cry.

A journalist watched the scene and paid the 60 Euro for her. The video he made was watched over 100k times. Now the train company wants to personally apologize to the chinese student.

http://blog.zeit.de/teilchen/2016/05/26/wie-eine-junge-asiatin-am-munchner-s-bahn-system-verzweifelt/
Minds are like parachutes: they only function when they're open.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-5-27 21:00:16 |Display all floors
Fire him, but make him pay 60 Euros to the student first.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-5-27 21:03:22 |Display all floors
A-holes in every country

And yes, fire him
Anger is an acid that can do more harm to the vessel in which it is stored than to anything on which it is poured. Mark Twain

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-5-27 23:49:48 |Display all floors
It always happens every where. In France, some women were threatened with rape after their passports were taken away but released upon business done. So, what could be done if you were victimized and did not know the proper access for the law and assistance?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-5-28 00:29:01 |Display all floors
Even I get confused about this strange system - and I do speak German. On my first trip to Munich I also did not stamp my ticket and got into a big argument with the train's ticket inspector and eventually had to pay the fine of 60 Euros. However, I went to one of their offices and filed a complaint against this inspector and they returned my 60 Euros. This system is not very good for tourists or someone who does not understand the German language.

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member 2015 Most Popular Member 2014 Most Popular Member

Post time 2016-5-28 03:23:00 |Display all floors
There is more to this story

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member

Post time 2016-5-28 15:24:59 |Display all floors
Learn the laws before visiting another country
if you want something in life get off your backside, and do it yourself!! don't rely on others to do it for you

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.