Author: SherrySongSHSF

Someone Put Glasses On Museum Floor And Visitors Thought It Was Art [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2016-5-30 11:04:40 |Display all floors
Art is perceived in many ways. Anything can be art!!
I am me and that is something you will never be, no matter how hard you try!!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-5-30 11:05:19 |Display all floors
truthbetold1 Post time: 2016-5-30 09:43
A piece of Rubbish! Coming from an art background and having studied at one of the most famous art i ...

Umm ya it is

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-5-30 13:34:04 |Display all floors
This post was edited by truthbetold1 at 2016-5-30 13:36
Cdogg Post time: 2016-5-30 11:04

Not anything can be art! If an artist was to pee on a public wall and then call it art by say he was trying to capture the moving motion of liquid and the interaction between human and surface. What a load of nonsense in using big words and trying to intellectualize a piece of rubbish.
It's a statement or expression but never call in ART! Too many people buy into concepts they don't understand and say its cool to try and be part of someone self loathing society. It's the same reason I don't buy into luxury brands advertising ugly size 0 models with no expression on their face and posing in garments that are either too ridiculous or too normal, but because it has a luxury brand logo on it, it's somehow meant to be cool.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-5-30 13:35:10 |Display all floors
This post was edited by truthbetold1 at 2016-5-30 13:36
Cdogg Post time: 2016-5-30 11:04

Not anything can be art! If an artist was to pee on a public wall and then call it art by say he was trying to capture the moving motion of liquid and the interaction between human and surface. What a load of nonsense in using big words and trying to intellectualize a piece of rubbish.
It's a statement or expression but never call in ART! Too many people buy into concepts they don't understand and say its cool to try and be part of someone self loathing society. It's the same reason I don't buy into luxury brands advertising ugly size 0 models with no expression on their face and posing in garments that are either too ridiculous or too normal, but because it has a luxury brand logo on it, it's somehow meant to be cool.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-5-30 15:32:51 |Display all floors
truthbetold1 Post time: 2016-5-30 13:35
Not anything can be art! If an artist was to pee on a public wall and then call it art by say he wa ...

Rubbish it would be but if someone decided to view it as art. Than art it would be. You can not tell someone how to view something.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-5-30 15:48:38 |Display all floors
Cdogg Post time: 2016-5-30 15:32
Rubbish it would be but if someone decided to view it as art. Than art it would be. You can not te ...

Its quite laughable. I went through many years of hearing rubbish like painting a canvas plain white and giving a 2 hour lecture on how they came up with the idea and how its represents the anti establishment.
Really? Would you sit though that 2 hour lecture and genuinely be interested? I think not. As I mentioned it's not art.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-5-30 17:00:29 |Display all floors
truthbetold1 Post time: 2016-5-30 15:48
Its quite laughable. I went through many years of hearing rubbish like painting a canvas plain whi ...

I would not, you are right.
My argument or debate is the fact that, rubbish as we see it. Can and does get consider to be art by people who see it that way.
It's all in perspective

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.