Author: samlam

Discriminatory words will not be allowed to use   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2016-5-24 05:56:46 |Display all floors
jd1492 Post time: 2016-5-24 05:24
If President Barack Obama signs the bill, it will also replace the words “Negroes,” “Spanish-spea ...

I think that Ms Meng should now propose a law that would require China to change the name of the Oriental Pearl Tower to the Asian Pearl Tower, because she is offended by the word Oriental!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-5-24 06:36:19 |Display all floors
futsanglung Post time: 2016-5-23 14:17
This only promotes segregation, many of these people have been settled in the US for generations.

Agree.
You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows. — Bob Dylan

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2016-5-24 07:18:48 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-5-24 09:24:16 |Display all floors
cmknight Post time: 2016-5-24 01:44
Political Correctness is equivalent to linguistic abortion. |It is meant to make language neutral, s ...

What is the politically correct term in Canada for Eskimo now?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-5-24 09:43:15 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2016-5-22 20:41
I don't know if this represents "progress". It is a kowtow to Political COrrectness,m and little e ...

The problem is that these other ethnicities can still call caucasians 'white'. While i know many white folks don't mind being called white, I cannot understand why blacks or orientals/asians have a problem being called what they are.
A spade is a spade folks. If that is a problem, deal with it.

Seneca, Maori aren't black, they're brown and they can call me pakeha, or white. I don't care. I cannot, however, call them anything but Maori. NZ is PC'd all up the wazoo!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-5-24 09:54:11 |Display all floors
TedM Post time: 2016-5-23 22:01
It is easy for social do-gooders to exaggerate political correctness. Maybe America should concentra ...

That's the left wing/democrats for you. All too damned PC.
Vote right wing, call a spade a spade and to hell with those who aren't adult enough to stand on their own merits regardless of colour/ethnicity. It's their own negative concept of self that allows them feel "slighted" by using terms that the PC left call negative. We're kowtowing to their sensitivities and are, in the process, becoming emasculated ethnically while empowering these wimps.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-5-24 10:15:51 |Display all floors
jd1492 Post time: 2016-5-24 05:21
Meng Bill to Remove the Term "Oriental from U.S. Law Passed by Senate; Measure Now Heads to Presiden ...

Does this mean, also, that the Orient is no longer able to be thus named or called?

I cannot abide PC. Whoever initiated all of this crap needs to be subjected to derogatory slander for the rest of his/her life....and that's just being nice.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.