Views: 12161|Replies: 120

Should America apologize to Japan for dropping the atomic bombs?   [Copy link] 中文

CD top contributor in April

Post time 2016-5-20 07:41:33 |Display all floors

As we know Japan gave in in the World WarII because of two atomic bombs dropped by America 1945. It was also a turningpoint for the power of anti-Japanese militarism in China and other parts ofAsia to inverse in fighting.

Days ago, when President Obama stood in front of the Peace CommemoratePark in Hiroshima of Japan, people asked a question “Should Obama give anapology to Japan?”

Nearly a hundred years ago, Japan had invaded many countries in Asia aswell as Pearl Harbor, an American military base at sea. People in these areassuffered from the war. Two atomic bombs were dropped in Japan, helpinganti-Japanese militarism force defeat Japan. It is a cause and effect. Fromthis angle to look at this matter, Japan was deserved.

However, more than 200 thousand ordinary people in Japan lost theirlives in the bombings and millions and millions of people had been dead in theWorld War II. It is a lesson for us all in this world. But many similar cases aretaking place now. The wars in the Middle East are still on. Have we reallylearned from the lessons? Who should take the responsibility? How to have apeaceful world?

Do you have any ideas about it?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-5-20 11:00:54 |Display all floors
They are intimate friends now, what Japan need is protection from America rather than appologize.

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Medal

Post time 2016-5-20 11:10:22 |Display all floors
America should apologize to all of Asia by pulling their military bases out of Japan and South Korea.
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

CD top contributor in April

Post time 2016-5-20 11:24:16 |Display all floors
robert237 Post time: 2016-5-20 11:10
America should apologize to all of Asia by pulling their military bases out of Japan and South Korea ...

good suggestion

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-5-20 21:35:14 |Display all floors
So Japan would apologize to China ?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-5-20 22:16:19 |Display all floors
America should apologize for the bombs dropped
Japan should apologize for destruction created in China and
in China the Party should apologize for the dark years of dead and destruction during Mao's government

In all 3 events millions of innocent lives were lost.
Denial, according the psychoanalysts, is one of the most primary mechanisms of defense. It consists in the attitude of denying or minimizing obvious facts of reality with which the individual can´t  cope or whose irresponsibility is unable to meet.

And I agree.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-5-20 22:38:36 |Display all floors
While we're at it, let's get the Spanish to apologize for wiping out the Aztecs and Inca's, African tribes for wiping out other African tribes and selling their brothers and sisters into slavery, the British for the firebombing of Dresden, the Germans for wiping out millions of Russians, the Romans for destroying civilizations, the Mongolians for wiping out great swaths of East Asia, etc, etc, etc.

If I burn down your house, with your family inside, and then apologize 70-years later, does it really make a difference in the Grand Scheme of Things? Are you going to say, "That's ok. I forgive you for killing my wife and children, and burning down my house with all of my family mementos and heirlooms ..." Somehow, I highly doubt it. Japan has been apologizing to China for ... I don't know how many years ... and yet, China never accepts those apologies. Do you really think Japan would turn around and tell the United States, "That's ok ... I forgive you ... You did what you had to do. You did what you thought was the right thing, at the time."

Give your frikkin' heads a shake, people.
Stupid people are like Glowsticks. You want to snap them in half and shake the crap out of them until they see the light.
I love sarcasm. It's like punching someone in the head ... only with words

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.